Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure we all have colours that we really like and wish that Smart would accommodate us.

As a younger car enthusiast I was really taken by some of the rods of that era done up in Candy Apple Red. I recall a 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible from the factory in a similar colour. In fact the dealer had ordered it for my father and it came in when they were down south for the winter.

Upon their return they didn't like it. Instead the opted for am Impala S/S with that little 409 under the hood. I was so upset - not. :rolleyes:

Always liked that colour and today another close example would be the Blue Oval "Ruby Red". Boy would that make for one sharp Smart! I would post a picture of a new Edge in that colour but my picture insertion skills are not up to par for this site. I have a picture that I could send to someone to post if interested.

Anyone else like to add their favorites and maybe our resident go to member from MB USA can take up the cause.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I'm sure we all have colours that we really like and wish that Smart would accommodate us.

smart already offers any color you want... how much more accommodating can you get?

I'll be doing a Tailor Made next time, unless smart gives us a 453 Bo Concept. (Hint, Keith: Bo Concept. Please!)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that will open new doors and give folks a chance to personalize their vehicles. That's good.

However, speaking only for myself and being relatively new to the flock, I didn't know that. I have read here about Tailor Made, just never had it explained as to what it was. Thanks TW owner! :cheers:

So given the way marketing handles these things our best before dates might be here sooner. We still cannot go online to order the Cabby here in Canada as of last week and yet they are starting to land here with the last two ships heading our way had them.

And that Bo Concept - no way. Too many cows sacrificed. Besides you live in the tropics almost and it get's hot. Before the AC got it cool you would have refried buns! :redface:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Several months ago I saw a Citroen DS3 in matte black with glossy black paint on the c-pillar and a few other areas. I think a matte black 453 with a glossy black tridion would be amazing looking! As it is though I wouldn't mind having a Proxy with the blue and white interior, matte white body panels and a white tridion, I could live with that :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wet Paint, Yum!

I'd like to get ahold of either of the two 453 Smart Tailor Mades which premiered as concepts during the North America 453 unveiling. Both paint jobs had so much gloss they look wet! They were painted either navy or red, and both had the matte grey Tridion. So appetizing...

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Both paint jobs had so much gloss they look wet!

The quality of Tailor Made paint jobs that I've seen have all been exquisite, rivaling many costly high-end finishes. While not inexpensive, they're still a fraction of what you'd pay elsewhere.

Now that I'm "sold" on the 453, my only question is which Tailor Made to get: Cabrio or Coupe, gas or electric.

Life in hell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Decisions, Decisions

...my only question is which Tailor Made to get: Cabrio or Coupe, gas or electric. Life in hell.
Some tuff decisions. I want an EV, plus all the autonomous tech that Telsa has pioneered, but it will be a while till rest of the automotive manufacturers catch up. So I figure I'll buy an ICE now (453 Coupe), and in 5-7 years the automotive landscape will be vastly different than the status quo today. That's when I'll get myself an autonomous EV Smart.

You're certainly excited on choosing a unique paint, and for good reason, but how do you feel about the current offerings for stock interior options? Will you go Tailor Made on the interior as well?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I like the yellow metallic exterior paint but a matching/complementary interior is needed, so I am thinking cabrio Tailormade for me when available.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
... how do you feel about the current offerings for stock interior options? Will you go Tailor Made on the interior as well?

I like my Prime interior very much – nothing wrong with it – but I'll put more money into a Tailor Made interior than I will into the exterior.

Outside, I'd probably only customize the Tridion paint and maybe the mirror caps and wheels. But for the interior, it's a field of dreams!

·
Registered
12 Posts
...I'd probably only customize the Tridion paint and maybe the mirror caps and wheels. But for the interior, it's a field of dreams!
Awesome! I imagine the whole process to be so thrilling, and I bet worth every penny. If I may ask, how much do you anticipate on spending for the Tailor Made you seek? I'd love to Tailor Made my future 453 coupe, but I have no idea what the price points will be.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I sure wanted my Smart to be colored invisible when I got my first speeding ticket in years just a block away from my home when we first moved here. $140 bucks later (OUCH!), I still believe that an invisible color would have been the perfect color to meet my needs at that time. That speed trap is right at the bottom of a hill where your almost always will come over and break the 25 mph limit. I was going to vote at the time and had my mind off what I was doing. :-(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts