Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our annual Michigan Smart Car Rally will be held on the West Coast of Michigan in the beautiful Saugatuck / Douglas area. Since this is a resort area, room rates are high. The boutique Starlite Motel has openings but not for long. Please call ASAP to book your room. 269-857-2147 Rooms start out at $119.00 plus tax per night. Starlite Resort - Saugatuck/Douglas, MI You can also visit their website to make reservations. Mention that you are with the Smart Car Club

Our dates are October 14th through Sunday the 16th. Since guests will be arriving at different times on Friday, dinner is on your own. You can't miss with all the fantastic options in this area. For more information about this area, visit these sites:
THE OFFICIAL TRAVEL AND TOURISM SITE OF THE SAUGATUCK AND DOUGLAS MICHIGAN CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU and The Official Website of the City of the Village of Douglas, Michigan (MI)

Friday: Arrival

Saturday: Group Breakfast. Location to be announced. Then we will motor on over to one of the best car museums around in my opinion. Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, West Michigan
Lunch will be at the restored diner or cafe on the grounds. Visit the Gilmore Car Museum, Restaurant Information

We'll then head back to Saugatuck for some photo opportunities on the shore of Lake Michigan.
Saturday Dinner will be at one of my many favorite places in Douglas. home

Sunday: Group breakfast to be announced and departure.

Time flies and there is so much to do in this area. We may have time to stop at one of the wineries. {This area is one of two winery areas in Michigan} There is also a wonderful downtown area of Saugatuck that features some unique shops and cafe/bars. I highly recommend that you make the time to visit these areas. As we get closer to the event, I will be posting some of my favorite places to visit. See you then. As always, feel free to post here or call me at 989-798-2787 or email me at [email protected]

You can also join our facebook group page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/269094923270586/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, How many Smart Car owners are there in Michigan? I just recently bought mine and one of these Rallies sounds pretty cool.Would appreciate more info about them. Thanks Munster

·
Super Moderator
28,970 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts