Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If that's it, I love it!!! The 450 and451 were cute but cuteness is not always well received by the general public. A more aggressive look on such a small car should be acceptable to a larger number of folks. I know some don't like the more prominent nose but if that makes people think the car has more up front and is a little safer, I'm all for it.

Does the interior pic show a sliding sunroof or just a track for the blind?

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
If those are actual versions of the 453 (and hopefully they are), IMHO smart has done it right again. Nice progression from the 450 through the 451 and now the two 453 models - new and improved but there's no doubt they are smarts. :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
new audio system by Harmon (JBL) (if this has already been posted, ignore)

The ForTwo will come with an eight-speaker, six-channel DSP high-performance amplifier with the center loudspeaker installed in the middle of the dashboard. Two tweeters are positioned to the left and right of the A-pillar whereas the low midrange speakers are mounted to the bottom of the driver and passenger doors. JBL also installed the two surround speakers at head height to provide optimal surround sound.

All-new Smart ForTwo and ForFour further revealed by Harman

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
By the time the car is "officially" shown this afternoon we'll know everything but the designer's hat size.... :D

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
If those are actual versions of the 453 (and hopefully they are), IMHO smart has done it right again. Nice progression from the 450 through the 451 and now the two 453 models - new and improved but there's no doubt they are smarts. :)
I agree. Much better than some of the early render guesses. I'd like to hear some efficiency numbers, but I guess it will be a while before the EPA estimates are produced.

·
17,345 Posts
Well, the big reveal is suddenly less big. Even Jalopnik is reporting it! :(

That said, I REALLY like the 453...

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Did we lose the pods...?

Taking a closer look at that interior photo it looks like the two "pods" in the center of the dash are actually air vents. No instrument pods is not...smart! :)

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Could be, but I'm hoping for grab handles on both sides.

Taking a look at that rear view photo, it appears we get only one towbolt hole now (unless there's one hidden on the other side...) :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
From the interior picture - Any thoughts on what that might be on the side of the shifter console on the passenger side? Looks like maybe a little drawer?

EDIT: Oh, and also steering column mounted key!

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I like the way they incorporated the DRLs into the fenders :)

And I hate the way the console comes between the seats, it really takes away from the leg room !! :mad:

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I like the interior. It really grown up. Nice. The exterior is not that exciting to me at all. I was hoping for something with more style. Will have to wait, and see some real photo's of the vehicle. Hope the Brabus model will make up for that.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts