Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to keep bugging you all and I promise I will stop soon LOL
I do not want the armrest as it is not needed but does anyone know what type of center storage would lay well under the E Brake to hold minor items?
I keep scouring the net but have found nothing suitable.
Those side pouches that squeeze between the seats and small console of the Smart just do not look like they will work...so any ideas will be greatly appreciated....
And again, thank you all so much.

·
Registered
465 Posts
There's so little space there I don't see it being very useful, at least on the 451. Plenty of other areas where storage would be more useful I think, which a little creativity should find ways of utilizing.
I always thought the center area between the shifter and dash should have storage, been meaning to model something and 3D print it, but my to-do list is too-long as it is.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
I do not want the armrest as it is not needed but does anyone know what type of center storage would lay well under the E Brake to hold minor items?
Those side pouches that squeeze between the seats and small console of the Smart just do not look like they will work...so any ideas will be greatly appreciated....
Check out smart madness. See if their offer anything. Personally I’d get a arm rest with built in storage compartment.
Is there any space under brake handle for anything? If you have a container or more store, in your area. They sell all kinds of storage things. Find something low profile. Add some Velcro to the bottom of it, adhere it to the carpeting.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There was a smart accessory called an oddments container that attached to the center console. It was a round container with a lid. I would check e-bay and see if you can locate one if that would fit your needs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What model car? 451 453?
I found something called a "center storage box" it fits in the 453's little indent to at least give a less sliding area to put a phone and maybe something else small. Found it on Amazon getting it tomorrow and will see how it does.
Automotive design

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found something called a "center storage box" it fits in the 452's little indent to at least give a less sliding area to put a phone and maybe something else small. Found it on Amazon getting it tomorrow and will see how it does.
View attachment 64779
Here’s a nice one.....

View attachment 64780
Yes I saw that one as well but it was going to take a month or more to get it and I liked the one with separate spaces...we ordered it yesterday and it is coming today. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
BMW has a small box that you can mount under the front of the seats. It has a door that latches so it flips forward.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
390 Posts
I found something called a "center storage box" it fits in the 453's little indent to at least give a less sliding area to put a phone and maybe something else small. Found it on Amazon getting it tomorrow and will see how it does.
View attachment 64779
I got one similar a few weeks ago. Looks and works fine, but had to add much more double sided adhesive tape to get it to stay put.
I put my cell there when I don't need to see maps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far the tape that was on it is holding up, we will see when it gets hot and cold as temps change.
It holds a lot of items and I was surprised.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts