Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Not very good posts beneath the article. Most are pretty scathing of the Smart, infact. The average American driving public have all been brain washed into thinking you need to have large size to be safe. This overall opinion must change if we are to ever be freed from foreign oil and the ominous danger of intermingling with Navigators and Tahoes in traffic. I see a large problem with that kind of mindset but then again those posting are in a climate where you would certainly need to have 4 wheel drives for driving in the snow storms......right??!! Give me a break!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I was thinking much the same thing, and it's probably something we're going to see as well once we start driving around in them, and it's the gut reaction. It's the same gut reaction people have when buying an SUV because it's "safe" (even after reports that show they're more dangerous than a regular sized car).

I referee soccer and typically have a few sheets of paper that attempt to dispell certain myths of the game (such as what is and what is not "handball"); I could see that being needed to when people start scoffing out their butts.

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
For me Im not worried about the saftey because not only its recieved a 4 star rating the SMART is STILL FAR MORE SAFTER THAN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE.
I will love my SMART regardless!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Who cares what ignorant people "think"?
Maybe it's because I want the concept of the smart (smaller, greener cars with good milage) to succeed, that I car. Yes, there will always be louts out there, but if the louts get all the airtime (and the rest of the sheeple blindly follow them), you'll find the smart, and the hope of other cars like it, go down the tubes in this country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts