Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Passion with a solid fabric cover roof, with numerous areas of crazing that I can see through the fabric.
Has anyone tried applying truck bed liner with a roller? It would be adding some protection to the roof and could also be painted a lighter color to help reduce the heat from the Texas sun. Any opinions or thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give it a try, but I just bought the car from another dealer and I'm sure that the info hasn't been transferred. It also may not be a warranty issue, maybe an insurance issue, since I'm not sure that it was not caused by some sort of damage. No, I didn't notice it when I was looking at it. BTW I traded a 2014 451 in on it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The fabric roof was the first thing I had to fix on my 08 fortwo. I used the silver bubble wrap looking stuff they sell to insulate cargo van roofs or wrap water heaters.

This stuff https://smile.amazon.com/AES-Industries-Insulation-Fiberglass-GallonsTank/dp/B075X175Y1/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g3905707922?_encoding=UTF8&hvadid=241966292090&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004405&hvnetw=g&hvpone=&hvpos=1o3&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvrand=15520875992179433652&hvtargid=pla-594193711652&ie=UTF8&linkCode=df0&psc=1&tag=hyprod-20

Its super reflective and insulative and I just put it between the fabric and roof. Now my head gets around zero heat and sun from the thin fabric which gave no protection

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I'm going to take it MB next week to see if they will replace under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts