Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new Smart last Friday. I've racked up over 500 miles and for the most part, it is so much better than my 2008. Absolutely love the engine and drivetrain along with the improved ride. So many improvements over the old model. Kinda brought back my love of these cars. Although, I'd like to sit with the designers for a moment and ask them a few questions.... LOL

Why on earth would you only place ONE power point (other than the god awful phone mount) in the car? And at the REAR of the console??? I'll be adding more powerpoints tomorrow....but the chic, swoopy dash makes that a little difficult to look close to a factory installation like my 2008. And, I hope I never have to change a fuse, my fat hand will never fit in that opening in the glove box! And let's just go back to that terrible phone mount. The one that my phone DOESN'T fit in. Yeesh! My car didn't come with any manual for the radio, I've been stumbling through the forum to figure out the tricks. I cannot figure out why my phone won't allow me to text or email using voice to text. I'll post a question into the tech section later. I've ordered the Android touch screen radio from China and will post an update once installed.

Add: I also am experiencing the dreaded gas gauge issue. Says I'm empty but when I fill, it takes between 5-6 gallons to fill.

Even with those minor quirks, I am back to wanting to drive a Smart instead of my F150 everywhere! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I cannot figure out why my phone won't allow me to text or email using voice to text. I'll post a question into the tech section later. I've ordered the Android touch screen radio from China and will post an update once installed.
even though you see the voice button (the face on the steering Wheel) for the phone, when I bought my 2016 from MB of Plano I was told that the feature was not added as they did not want to delay the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts