Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Smart last week and I love this thing!!

And I am looking forward to being a part of thie elite community:p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great place to have a Smart! Bisbee that is. The other day a 17 year old picked his up. I drove a 1974 POS Nova when I was 17. That was 1986 and I paid $800 for it. Oh how times have changed. So those in the valley look out for an all black model. It may have a lucky 17 year old driving it! He even got leather. What nice parents!

Should get ours tomorrow or Saturday. Just have to have time to get it. Ours will be in Chandler, AZ. Blue and Black or is is Black and Blue?

We also own and Element (First Year) and Prius. Any other Element owners out there? There were 3 of us there on Monday checking out the cars. I thought that was pretty funny.

Smart driver since 2000. Smart owner since 2008.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings CK_AZ,

I was one of those Element owners there with you on Monday. I commented to the wife about the 3 sitting in the lot too.

Awaiting the right orphan to come available, although my order should be here in a month or so.(Blue/silver) but will accept any color ASAP!

Randy

·
Registered
93 Posts
It would be intereting to know everyone's res number and confirmation date to try to estimate where I am in line. I am a 1410 Nov, 10 no confirmation. DDE is mar - may 09. Hoping for closer to jan.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Greetings CK_AZ,

I was one of those Element owners there with you on Monday. I commented to the wife about the 3 sitting in the lot too.

Awaiting the right orphan to come available, although my order should be here in a month or so.(Blue/silver) but will accept any color ASAP!

Randy
You the one with the dog personalized plate? The nice grey Element? We were on the fence with buying ours. I love the Smart and have been gawking at them since they came out in Europe. Mom used to live in Germany so I have seen them for a long time. So this is going to be our 3rd car. Element is paid off. In 6 months I will evaluate whether to keep both or sell one of them. Sorry I can make mine an orphan for you folks. Decided I would regret not getting one first chance after talking about it for so long.

- CK
NMYLMNT :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got our Smartie on Tuesday!!

We just picked up our Smart on Tues. We love it. My husband has been driving it the most. He has taken it to get some stuff done to it, like the tint and a teflon paint protection treatment. He said all the guys at the place where he had the stuff done to it wanted to drive it.

He also said he gets some really strange looks getting in and out of it. He is pretty tall and people can't believe that he fits into it. Maybe I will steal the keys from him and I will get to drive it this weekend. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
SMART AZ - do you have personalized plates on your MB? If so, my husband saw you on the freeway the other day!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, They've called about one and offered a couple others while in the dealer. None really had the combinations of color/options that worked for me. My ordered vehicle may likely be here in a month or so, so waiting may just be best. We tried to get a yellow several days ago, but we're out of town and the logistics of the deal didn't work out.

The MB is the wife's(with the personalized plates). I have "for two" personalized awaiting my smart when it finally happens.

Hope to be posting the delivery of mine own smart some time soon. I've waited this long, whats another month now!?

Randy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mesa

I am in Mesa, AZ. I originally reserved a yellow/silver Coupe and my date was still many months out.

When Mercedes/Chandler called and said they had a white one available - I drove over right after work and snagged it. I am glad I did, because I like the white better than yellow now.

Except for the stupid bugs on the front end....

I see very few driving around the Phoenix valley as I commute from East Mesa to PHX every day.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am in Mesa, AZ. I originally reserved a yellow/silver Coupe and my date was still many months out.

When Mercedes/Chandler called and said they had a white one available - I drove over right after work and snagged it. I am glad I did, because I like the white better than yellow now.

Except for the stupid bugs on the front end....

I see very few driving around the Phoenix valley as I commute from East Mesa to PHX every day.
Congrats! I think the white ones look good. You can always change the color down the road.

·
Registered
42 Posts
welcome heyring

Glad you were able to pick up an orphan. I did the same thing back in February. Welcome to the community. Look forward to meeting you.

Dan aka UDEVL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got an orphan a week ago

Had several offered and a perfect match while out of town, so that one got away. Got THE call while returning home on the 10th and picked up a white/black on the 12th.

I ordered a blue/silver, but am really more happy with the white. May paint the lowers white or just wait and decide on a unique custom color for the whole car.

Been laid up with back injury and haven't spent time online for a week. Gonna take it into Phx tomorrow for some errands. Wave if you see one.

Anybody know when the next group gathering is planned?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Everyone

I received my 30 day e-mail from Tracy (Chandler) and before I knew it, I had the call from Sean regarding delivery...I couldn't believe my 30 days flew by so fast...

Picked up the "new addition to the family" from Alex and have had it for a week now. I made the mistake and let my hubby drive the car "part way" from Chandler. The part way was almost all the way. Because of where we live, it is easier for us to go thru Florence. He had promised me that he would stop and we could switch cars...He was having so much fun that by the time he realized it, we were almost at Oracle Junction.

We have been car pooling all week...I drive to midtown and drop hubby off and then head down to the airport area. Then in the afternoon, I go back to midtown, and he drives the car home. Heads have turned, everyone smiles.

Then on Thursday, hubby had off, and I drove to work by myself. A big SUV was checking me out. We were side by side, then he got behind me, and then he got beside me again. I was going 60 and next thing I knew the SUV took off flying. I caught the sight of a motorcycle cop facing in the opposite direction, turning around so fast and was on the heals of the SUV. Cop pulled the SUV over and I just smiled as I passed both.:D

So if you see a White/Black Passion heading S on Oracle - going downtown to midtown and then towards the airport, it could be me...

No longer waiting paitently because I finally have my own.:)

Teapots

1 - 20 of 31 Posts