Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on my way home from dropping the UPS box at the UPS Store which had my old paddles shifters in it since I finally had time to return my old ones, I saw a smart car that was just like mine in terms of color and cabrio styling. The license plate said "SMARTT" maybe it was somebody on SCOA? Let's find out.

This person was driving from Orange Center Road to Old Grassy Hill to Grassy Hill and went on the Merritt parkway. I would have caught up and chased this person, but I needed to get home and let my dogs out (I need to let them out every hour).

I have a video I'll post later. I would post it now, but Sony Vegas Pro 10 doesn't like my iPhone video format anymore.

Have a great day everybody and watch out for my video coming soon and a new thread that will be started sometime soon!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So within the past 2 days, I have managed to see a total of 5 smart cars running around ranging from one end of the color spectrum to the other. I do need to start making SCoA cards to give to people so they can join this forum. I think the percentage of smart car owners in Connecticut to that of active Connecticut smart car users on SCoA is less than .5%.

Just thought I would post that information. I wanted to tell somebody. I'm just getting a tad bit irritated :D

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Smart Princeton?

I saw one yesterday while driving to work in Princeton. Don't see them very much in this area. I'll be another one of the road once mine arrives!
A while back, I saw a Fortwo in Princeton. I don't remember the color. At the time, I was in my Dad's car.

There was a time I did take my little car to Princeton. It was neat driving around while looking for what used to be a computer store. :p

I think having 'business cards' with SCOA information would be a great idea. I do not often see another Smart but it would be good to let them know about other owners of the Fortwo. :cool:

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, first of all, this is my 2,002nd post :D

Anyhow, today, I saw a nice blue and black one done up nicely at the AT&T store on RT1. This person had a roof rack and some decorations on the dash. I would have waited for this person to come out of the store, but I thought I had to be home for my dog with heart issues and help him out. Turns out I didn't. I did though have to let my dogs out.

Now would have been the perfect time to have business cards with SCOA information on me and a "you have been spotted!" slogan on it with my information and why I put that on his car.

On the same road today, I was driving with my driving lights on because it is a dark overcast here. The white van in front of me pulled over rapidly and I passed and he gunned it behind me and tailgated me .6" away from my bumper and started flashing his lights at me, apparently saying that I was flashing my lights behind him when it was only the shifting of the car. I think they are high anyway and might have over-adjusted the height after my first accident. I don't know though.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I went to UPS to return my books and this smart had a Fairfield University sticker on it. The person that worked behind the counter also told me that she returned her books through Chegg like I did so I'm going to use my investigative techniques to assume that smart outside was her smart car. Those are the first two images.

Today, I saw two smarts that were the same color as the second two images. One was on RT 1 heading towards Costco and the other one was in the Derby Walmart parking lot. I only snapped pictures of the second smart I saw at Walmart and here they are. This person colored her smart emblem on her tires and her wheel lug covers pink and also had dream catchers hanging on the rearview mirror.

Honestly, I'm beyond irritated that the ratio of owners in Connecticut to SCoA users or Insider users is less than .01%. I don't even think a blast email about the upcoming event can result in a turnout. Even the 3 OTHER SMART OWNERS I MEET WITH WEEKLY AT MY RALLY DO NOT USE SCOA OR INSIDER! Okay, time to take a chill pill. Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
224 Posts
There are several up here in northern CT. Every time I see one in a parking lot I simply MUST park next to it just for fun. I always miss the owners though. I try to wait till they come out from wherever they are!

I like the idea of SCOA cards to leave on dashboards. Maybe someone can set up a template or something we can print??

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
There are several up here in northern CT. Every time I see one in a parking lot I simply MUST park next to it just for fun. I always miss the owners though. I try to wait till they come out from wherever they are!

I like the idea of SCOA cards to leave on dashboards. Maybe someone can set up a template or something we can print??
I think that is a good idea; setting up a template for SCOA cards. Perhaps either put it under the windshield or have a rubber band stapled to it and hung on the antenna? :confused:
:cool:

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw two today on my way to get my haircut. One was all black. I saw that 1/8th mile into my drive. Second one I saw after my haircut on the way home. It was a blue convertible.

Butch also said he saw one with a cute girl at the doughnut shop we go to weekly. Where the heck are these people online?

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.