Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Ultragauge and connected it to my Smart (he/she still doesn't have a name:confused:)and set up the gauges I desired on screen one. Then I looked about to decide where to mount the bugger. Hmmmmm....I opted for Velcro/bracket/vertical mount(did not want windshield mount) so I have a few options. I was going to use vertical on lower left side of radio 10 but it was not sticking well at all!! was kinda warm so I will wait til evening to try again. My question for you all is ....where in the heck did you put yours!! pics if ya got 'em!! I can't use the method I saw in another thread where they mounted in storage shelf to left of steering wheel. (my Kleenex box is in there and it fits so well! :D) I sit here waiting for amazing and innovative responses. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
You can remove the left air vent and build a little bracket which extends to the point where you can just get your fingers to zero the trip button. I see the read out in the left side within the steering wheel. When all is said and done however I'm going to mount it where the original tach is located.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a good portion of my dash is covered in cloth. I don't think anything will stick...I think I am gonna have to mod something!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stocker your placement is where I have it at the moment. Temporarily using the Velcro until I mount the vertical mounting bracket. Will use screws since the sticky was not sticky at all. I wonder if it will screw into radio? maybe just the dash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The XM mount has double stick tape that hasn't fail yet. You can buy the mount from MyRadioStore, here.

Or do a search on Ebay for this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts