Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that my antenna is getting very loose where it screws on the base. It no longer screws on tight. There was some corrosion which I cleaned. The typical fix might be to use teflon tape, but that would insulate the antenna from the base and it wouldn't work. So I wonder if anyone has a fix other than replacing the base,which I am sure would be a major chore to do. I thought about JB weld, but it would not allow me to ever remove the antenna again if I needed to remove fenders, and JB weld would probably insulate it. It would need to be something conductive to electricity. The base it too small to drill through it to put a pin in place. Thought about maybe drill the antenna and threading a really small allen head screw, but it would be very tedious to do. Thought about trying a tiny piece of tin foil wrapped around the threads of the base and then installing the antenna and trying to get it to thread back on. Any ideas?DCO

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,564 Posts
Pick up a Dodge shorty antenna and replace that funky looking buggy whip. Just my .02. :)
Great suggestion!! I paid less than $7.00 for mine at the local Dodge dealership several years ago. If I remember correctly, it is the one for the rear of the roof of the Dodge Avenger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts