Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any res# 1240's got their Smart's or been contacted by the dealer about delivery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke to the Houston North dealership today and they have only received 1 Smart this month and as of today do not know what they will get in June..:(

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm a #1222.
The dealer says they'll contact me next week for delivery. I'll believe it when I see it. My DDE moved last night. It has said 5/27 and now says 5/22!
YAY!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi everyone,
im 1231,ordered 5/16,configured on 1/6.my dde is now 6/8-9/.this is about the 4th or 5th move.it was at 4/28-7/28 at one time.when i talk to the dealer and smart i think im watching schultz from hogans hero's,the "I know nothing,"I see nothing,I hear nothing routine.i was hopeing to get it before the leaves fall but mabye ill have it for christams!
steve

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Based on a general observation, the earlier date of the DDE is the "magic day", or very close to it.

(In smart lingo, that's the actual assembly date. And that may explain that the DDE moves so often when a vehicle is getting closer to its "magic day", then stays steady once the date has been finalized.)

Add the usual across the Atlantic two-three weeks, add an extra week for the West Coast, the roll-off and inspection week, and the aggregated trip to your assigned dealerships (two-four weeks), and you have a good idea of your delivery.
Does this make you happy?
Of course, this is absolutely and totally conjectural!

The poster declines any responsibility as to the accuracy of said dates and delays beyond anyone's control... and all sorts of serious disclaimers...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Based on a general observation, the earlier date of the DDE is the "magic day", or very close to it.

(In smart lingo, that's the actual assembly date. And that may explain that the DDE moves so often when a vehicle is getting closer to its "magic day", then stays steady once the date has been finalized.)

Add the usual across the Atlantic two-three weeks, add an extra week for the West Coast, the roll-off and inspection week, and the aggregated trip to your assigned dealerships (two-four weeks), and you have a good idea of your delivery.
Does this make you happy?
Of course, this is absolutely and totally conjectural!

The poster declines any responsibility as to the accuracy of said dates and delays beyond anyone's control... and all sorts of serious disclaimers...
well this is the first real estimate that i have received,its better than the usual "Idont know"that i get from mr and mrs smart or the mercedes dealer so i guess the answer is ,Yes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi everyone,
i reserved on 5/16/07 and my res# 1231.my smart arrived at the dealer on 6/26/08,13 month wait.they called the day it arrive without any advance notice.i will pick it up next week after the 4th because it will take that long to get the financing and insurance.i dont know if they had any advance notice or if the car just magically appeared!!i know they dont care if i take the car as they have a long list looking for orphans.
steve

·
Registered
235 Posts
1237 no word from smart. Today's DDE is 6/23/08 - 9/22/08
I should have updated this post

6/13/08 I recived "C" status notice
yesterday 6/30/08 I recived the 30 day / "D" status notice.
DDE is 6/22/08 - 9/20/08
Today is day 405 but it wont be long now:)
update
Today is day 419 and I was never so happy to see my DDE move away from me. Today it's 6/23/08. I think the boat docked!!!

Update 7/17/08 day 421 and I'm #1 !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Res# 1240, DDE date as of today 7/17/2008

Still no email or call from dealer. DDE has been moving daily from 6/25/2008 to most current date of 7/17/2008.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Res # 1244, DDE says 7/4/2008 - 10/3/2008. Got the call from the dealer on July 5. Car should be here by August 3rd, I even got my VIN #.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts