Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i get in my car and start driving (engine hot or cold) my dash thermometer will run at 40 degrees for 5 minutes to 20 minutes then it will hover between 50 to 60 degrees for 10 to 30 minutes. when it says it's had enough and wants to cool the driver down it will drop back down to 40. i have never been in the car long enough to see if it repeats the cycle. i will run the fan on speed 3 or 4 until it gets to 40 than i will put it on speed 1. i have always run my a/c on recirc but have tried it with recir off....same thing.

any ideas

·
Registered
249 Posts
when i get in my car and start driving (engine hot or cold) my dash thermometer will run at 40 degrees for 5 minutes to 20 minutes then it will hover between 50 to 60 degrees for 10 to 30 minutes. when it says it's had enough and wants to cool the driver down it will drop back down to 40. i have never been in the car long enough to see if it repeats the cycle. i will run the fan on speed 3 or 4 until it gets to 40 than i will put it on speed 1. i have always run my a/c on recirc but have tried it with recir off....same thing.

any ideas
Not familiar with what you are calling a dash thermometer. The only one I know is for outside temp reading. Its not related to the HVAC.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
Sounds like you may be a bit low on refrigerant. Mine stays steady at about 38-40 all the time, except when flooring it up a steep incline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts