Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,208 Posts
There was a meet up at the dealer in Maitland this past Saturday. It was to introduce the new ED. They had a bar-b-que, car show, etc for all the locals. Some of the Jacksonville owners drove down for the event.
You could probably get info on gatherings in your area from the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a meet up at the dealer in Maitland this past Saturday. It was to introduce the new ED. They had a bar-b-que, car show, etc for all the locals. Some of the Jacksonville owners drove down for the event.
You could probably get info on gatherings in your area from the dealer. Good luck.
:crying: I missed it. Still couldn't attend I worked that day. That dealer is like 15 mins from my house so ill go one day and check it out. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello,

I am the organizer of the group, except we haven't done much the past year besides that event. The attendance to the meets were low and nobody else wanted to take over the group so I took a break. We still communicate on Facebook... Look us up if you have Facebook under Central FL smarts. You never know when another meet might pop up :)

-Ivonne

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

I am the organizer of the group, except we haven't done much the past year besides that event. The attendance to the meets were low and nobody else wanted to take over the group so I took a break. We still communicate on Facebook... Look us up if you have Facebook under Central FL smarts. You never know when another meet might pop up :)

-Ivonne
Thanks I already tried to join the facebook group just waiting on the approval

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can test drive one at the Orlando Mercedes in Maitland.
Smart center in Clearwater is working on a meet for us... Will be forwarding info as soon as I have more.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
Hey y'all,
I live part-time in Orlando and part-time in Clearwater when I'm not working in Michigan. Our real home is in Clearwater, but my wife works in Orlando and we have an apartment there.
I'd love to get together if any events coincide with my goofy schedule!

·
3,208 Posts
There is an active group in The Villages just south of Ocala. The local group in Jacksonville just folded due to lack of interest. Good luck finding a group to participate with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just Purchased our 09 Passion Saturday.....hope we can find something going on we are in the Melbourne area
Hello, there were several groups going strong in Florida but eventually things died down due to lack of participation. Central FL smarts has a group on Facebook were we still communicate and I believe the Jacksonville group is still running. (First coast smarts).

Also every year around September/October there is Outsmarting the Dragon in North Carolina. We all travel in our smarts to NC and TN to drive the tail of the dragon :)

If you have facebook you can find central dl smarts and from there find the Jacksonville and Outsmarting the Dragon groups :) you can also create a meet. I've told people if they want to organize an event they're more than welcome to but no one has stepped up to at least host one.
-Ivonne B

·
3,208 Posts
The Jacksonville group (First Coast Smarties) is DEAD, I am sorry to say. The Meet Up site folded after the dues were not paid by the organizer. I tried to keep things going, but the interest is just not there anymore. The Jax Smart group headed up by Mike Beck (Spicejax) is still doing a cruise in now and again, but things are slow for them, also. A big turn out now is four or five cars. The hope is things will pick up next year after the new 453 comes out.

I am beginning to think the way to go is a Modern Micro club and include smarts, IQ's, Sparks and whatever comes down the pike. The local smart owners and the local dealer just seems to have lost interest in a social gathering of owners. It really is a shame, because we used to have large gatherings and really enjoyed the fellowship of other smart owners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a 2013 Fortwo Pure at Carmax in Sanford. I love this little guy. Great milage. I live in Deltona and would love to attend a local meet in the near future.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sure would be Gr8 if a meet could be coordinated at the Saturday car meets at Old Town in Kississimme.
I have seen several different groups there, besides the regular weekend groupies... if you like cars... this is the place in central FL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts