Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to give myself an oil change and need a good price. I haven't seen any good deals lately on this.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Are you still under warranty and/or concerned with using a MB 229.5 oil?

If not, you can pick up a gallon of Rotella T6 5W-40 or Delo 400 LE 5W-40 for approximately $20 at Walmart. Pair that with a Fram TG6607 or XG6607 filter (also at Walmart, and rated for 10,000 miles or 15,000 miles, respectively) and you have a DIY oil change for under $30.

I recently did mine for $15, but I'm a bit more "adventurous" than some when it comes to oil changes on the smart.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Just make sure it's on the shelf before making the trip to get it....:wink:
yeah, my local Walmart doesn't stock it either, and I'm not sure you can order it, but I think next time I will try. I think you can go to the Walmart website and order it and have it delivered to the store. It's not sourced in China, so you can buy it there guilt-free.:wink:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I get 5 qt jugs of 0w40 & 2 qt bottles as well, 2 smarts and I do them both at the same time from Walmart. I get Bosch D3300 filters, they are extended mileage and I like the specs better than the Fram filters. With 3 Walmarts within 10 miles oil is rarely a problem. I luck out on old oil disposal, my company uses a waste oil burner to heat the warehouse.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts