Smart Car of America Forum banner

Any plans 4 Second Annual Smart Nationals

12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  smark 
#1 ·
I thought since 1st annuals turned out so well we should initiate a second one for 2011.
what's everyones feed back on it?

#7 ·
Quite awhile back the decision was made to hold the Nationals at 2 -3 year intervals. The idea was to have regional events in the off years to allow for people that did not want to make the longer drive to a national event. Up in the midwest, we are having an event at Wisconsin Dells. Anyone who wishes to make the drive can attend.

#9 ·
That's why many pushed regionals. Anyone can organize a west coast event. It's not likemthere is a magic group of folks that are the only ones who can organize events. South west had the dam, southeast has the dragon, northern Midwest has the dells, and the northeast has the combined poconos event.
And who knows who will step up next year and organized a major event
What are you planning?
What are you planning?

#11 · (Edited)
Who's out there, got a a year of they life to give up, and some big pockets, with a lot of change.
The Nationals wasn't a cheap event $$$$$. It was a very complex event to put together. It turn out to be a couple of us, having a second free career, on top of our normal jobs.

I wish someone out there would setup to the plate already and volunteer. This is if you guys really want to have a another Nationals.

A years planning was too short. It really needs to be completely thought out in about year and a half. Smart car sales suck right now, so what dealership, will help you out. Same with smart USA attending there too. I really don't think the next Nationals will have the same magnitude. It will be a lot smaller event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.