Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that previous versions of Breathless Performance exhaust had issues falling apart. Has that problem been corrected on the VERSION 3 exhaust?

I tried searching but I didn't find any posting on Breathless Performance exhaust V3 problems.

I am only interested on the V3 exhaust. :D

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Hey,
If you are interested I have a slightly used V1 or V2 Breathless here that I was going to put a flex joint on and put it on EBay for three hundred bucks. If you are interested let me know and I will weld the flex joint on tomorrow and post a picture here. I will sell it for $275 shipped just to save the hassle of putting it on EBay.
Matt

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I think you are going to find, that with very few exceptions, Breathless Performance is pretty much a dirty word around here. Too many owners have been burnt. I know I personally would never buy from them.

Caveat Emptor.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I mean like why not a SILA or Solo or Matt's exhaust? Better performance, better warranty, cheaper, better sounding, nicer tips...
Because Smartmadness is blowing them out for $380...... It seem like a good deal but im a little undecided becaused of known problem with other versions.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Because Smartmadness is blowing them out for $380...... It seem like a good deal but im a little undecided becaused of known problem with other versions.
No known problems with the SOLO exhaust at all. I would rather buy Matt's or a SOLO or a SILA for over $100 less than what a v3 would cost plus the extraordinary customer satisfaction you get from Smart Madness or Boesch Built is unbeatable along with the warranty. Breathless doesn't have a good name around here...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey,
If you are interested I have a slightly used V1 or V2 Breathless here that I was going to put a flex joint on and put it on EBay for three hundred bucks. If you are interested let me know and I will weld the flex joint on tomorrow and post a picture here. I will sell it for $275 shipped just to save the hassle of putting it on EBay.
Matt
I don't want to commit to anything at this time. But if you were going to install a flex pipe on it anyways send me a picture then we can talk if I like it.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts

Again, there is a reason for that. If you check the item, you will see that Smart Madness specifically says there is NO warranty with this system. They have been burnt by Breathless as well, and will not stand behind the product. That in itself should tell you something. Boris stands behind everything he sells.....

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
Because Smartmadness is blowing them out for $380......
It appears that these closeout BP V3 exhausts are being sold "as is." SM sez;
Please note!

We have a very limited amount of these exhausts in stock. They are new, but we are selling this item with no warranties or guarantees (if there are any warranty issues they will have to be taken up with the manufacturer). If you decide to purchase this item you are buying it in "AS IS" condition.

Our standard return and refund policy will not apply to this product due to the fact that we no longer deal with this manufacturer.

All warranty and product claims will have to be taken up with the manufacturer of this product. Smart Madness will not be able to offer product support or service for this product after the sale. These exhaust have not been installed on a car, but may have some surface scratches due to being on display.

Boris and Smart Madness are a very solid and reputable vendor of quality smart products but I see a multitude of red flags in the SM caveat emptor statement. If Boris won't stand behind it and BP isn't an active smart vendor I believe you will find it very lonely should you have any issues.

smart history has shown us that most of the first generation vendors in the performance exhaust field overcharged, overpromised, underperformed and are no longer producing an exhaust for a smart.

IMHO, the next generation of performance exhaust vendors seem to be building a quality product on the back of those vendors who have come and gone and left the landscape littered with failures.

A bargain priced smart exhaust may not be a bargain . . .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for everyone’s input, I've decided not to go with Breathless Performance exhaust v3.

I have my eye on the REMUS exhaust now :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know if a handful of users telling you the same thing "Buy Boeschbuilt Exhaust" means anything to you but ohh well, it's your $$.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Here is my modified Breathless I made this morning. I used one of the flex joints I use on my systems and all 304 stainless tubing....$275 shipped

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Hi Matt, been studying pics of the muffler you posted and I am perplexed somewhat. Isn't most of the engine movement at a right angle to your flex coupling? The length of the flex in the pic appears to be rather short, wouldn't that cause it to move rather harshly to accommodate our cars "floppy" engine movements? I'm thinking the stock flex is around 6" in length and stands in a more vertical direction to act like an accordian to absorb engine movement and keep from trying to raise and lower the muffler in harmony with the engine movement. :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts