Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or did every single dealership drop the line?

usaa still has the $3750 incentive on 2016's but every dealership seems to have dropped the line except for service ofcourse.

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
28,282 Posts
There are something like 26 dealers selling cars - only the ED now. It's time consuming but you can find them using the smart USA "locate a smart center" map. Most will be on east or west coast. We are fortunate to have one in Columbus (for now....):)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are something like 26 dealers selling cars - only the ED now. It's time consuming but you can find them using the smart USA "locate a smart center" map. Most will be on east or west coast. We are fortunate to have one in Columbus (for now....):)
all of the papers for any/all gas driven smarts have been punched which shows them as used so the incentives dont work

Easton has 6 but ill see what can be done to take advantage of the USAA money

"†MY16 smart ICE Coupe and Cab $2,250 combinable with MBFS Special Lease or $3,250 incentive combinable with special APR or $3,750 is non-combinable incentive available for clients with their own source of funds. having their own source of funding."

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
all of the papers for any/all gas driven smarts have been punched which shows them as used so the incentives dont work

Easton has 6 but ill see what can be done to take advantage of the USAA money

"†MY16 smart ICE Coupe and Cab $2,250 combinable with MBFS Special Lease or $3,250 incentive combinable with special APR or $3,750 is non-combinable incentive available for clients with their own source of funds. having their own source of funding."
Outdated website, back when the decision was made to no longer offer the gas vehicles in America. The 2016 smarts were way overproduced relative to the prices American buyers were willing to pay for them. So they were cleared out with those incentives, but many websites still post the information as if it's currently relevant...? :shrug:

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Westminster Mercedes Benz/smart, in Colorado. Looks like they have 2 ICE 453’s. According to their web site. I think both of them, are 2016 model. There not new. Active loan vehicles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Westminster Mercedes Benz/smart, in Colorado. Looks like they have 2 ICE 453’s. According to their web site. I think both of them, are 2016 model. There not new. Active loan vehicles.
Hi All (1st Post),

I bought one of the 3 they had - Two 2016 Edition #1 with ~10k miles and a lava orange / black passion.

After hearing the 2018s were all going to be electric with a 70? mile range, I looked specifically for a 453 gas one and that turned out to be a 2016 or 2017 only and most of the gas ones have been put service fleet everywhere.

There was a dealer in Texas several states away with a few Pures but I'm happy with what I got in the Edition #1 - the spec sheet says it has every option of the Proxy less the JBL sound system (as a Passion) and the dealer told me they can't even order the Edition #1 options on a Passion anyway.

I'll post a better pic then the avatar when I get 3 posts in... (forum rule)

·
Registered
111 Posts
October 2019

It's been about 18 months now of trouble free 453 ownership (outside of a hailstorm...) of a 2016 Edition #1 .

I'll advise 453 owners to call their 'local' Smart Center with their VIN to find out their 'In Service Date' and to find out if there will be service in 2020 and beyond.

In my case it was Mercedes Benz of Westminster (CO), in service date of 11/11/16; probably one of the earliest 453s in service.

Well they have One trained Smart Tech, and they will still service Smart 2020+.

So 'Steve' the Smart Tech at MB Westminster will be handling CO, UT, WY, NE, KS, OK, and northern TX, and NM. Hope he stays employed there :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer (who has been working at MB for 15 years and sold me my Smart) said they are discontinuing all Smarts in USA, ED and otherwise, by the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Not just in the US.... but Canada as well. MBUSA has halted everything Smart-related in North America, and no new cars are being imported as of... i believe it was several months ago, if not the end of the 2018 model year.

·
Banned
43 Posts
As long as I can get the basics I'll be fine but if that dry's up we got problems. You can find anyone to work on them if you are willing to help coach them along but if they can't even get an oil filter well then, that's the problem. It use to be in America years ago, but not sure how it is today, but the word was once a car manufactured discontinued a line they had to make the parts for 10 years after.

The good news is they are still making them for the European market however the engines are not the same. This nonsense of bringing our cars into the so called 'smart center' at the Mercedes dealership is just that and as I found out recently they are really no better than the local yoke'o-locos. But they were sure good at making note on the final service write-up the things they saw that someone else had cause and they did it to cover their a--'s.

Then they refused to sell the shop I was using the parts so I had no choice but to bring it to them. Two months later I discover a 'structural integrity' part laying under the front hood in the cowl of the wipers, two months I had been driving around and am very thankful it didn't fall off because I would have never even realize I had a part missing. And thankfully I was able to find online were it went and reinstall it.

I know how it happen, so I didn't call bit-ching about it. S--t happens as Forrest use to say ya know what I mean.

We only have two Mercedes dealerships in my State and one of them never could work on them because they had no one qualified to.
The other one is a flip of the coin and if you can believe this one, the service writer in charge is named Mohamed and as full of s--t as the night or even the day is long. Just another in a long list of liars I've met in my life, before anyone accuses me of being something. I suppose I was expecting someone named Wilhelm. :)

Bottom line boys&girls do your best to stay away from the local lube and oil places and realize that in time even Mercedes will no longer work on them. And realize as well that if you ever go to buy another vehicle and try to use them towards a trade in you might get laugh out of the office and told to sell it for junk at the salvage yard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't mind the idea that I might have to diy everything here soon. By the time this 3 banger gives up I'll have designed and planned a killer electric setup (with more than the laughable 70 mi of range)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts