Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you had any service/maintenance done on your new ED already.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wasn't expecting to for a year or 12000 miles, but at 5000 miles, I started getting a 30 day warning. I haven't followed up yet to get it reset, as temps are too low for me to get to the dealer and back home on a single charge.

·
Registered
210 Posts
im at 5600 miles and still nothing. only light that does come on is when the charger is plugged in still, and when you start up the car, it goes into a steering wheel warning light, and it wont let me put the car in gear. always gives me a 0 sign....

·
Registered
521 Posts
im at 5600 miles and still nothing. only light that does come on is when the charger is plugged in still, and when you start up the car, it goes into a steering wheel warning light, and it wont let me put the car in gear. always gives me a 0 sign....

because you cant drive with the car plugged in

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the ESP stability system came on once when i drove uphill over wet metal plate. And i had smart in service the first time at dealership fixing lose plastic panel at bottom of the car. They washed my car checked brakes. No loaner car though, may be i got little greedy there haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
None at all. I've had mine since July & it's our main & only vehicle. Only 1800 miles on it. Oddly though, the battery coolant level is almost below the "low" mark. Rather strange. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have had the TPMS sensor on for the last month. I have checked the tire pressures and they seem OK. I read somewhere there was a reset procedure but I can't find the button they refer to in that procedure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the TPMS light flashes then stays on solid, it indicates a problem with the system, usually a faulty transmitter in one of the wheels. The dealer can tell by using their diagnostic tool. I had one transmitter that kept failing and it was replaced under warranty. If the light just comes on, no flashing, then it indicates a change in pressure beyond what is expected. A change in outside temperature can trigger this. Check the pressure and reset the alert by pressing the TPMS button on the panel in the middle of the dash below the radio and holding until the indicator on the dash clears.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I found the reset button, which was clearly labeled on the bar below the radio. That same bar has the lock and unlock buttons. The TPS came on because I had to repair a slow leak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts