Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate that the neighborhood has to know when I enter and turn the key on my Smart Car. The car knows this and after a few seconds will lower the volume on the chime somehow after a few seconds.

Is there any way I can change the sound (like the pleasing BMW chime) or mute (at the cost of forgetting the lights on and not being warned, thats how much I hate it) the chime somehow?

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Give your neighbor some, Bose noise canceling headphones. No way, you can mute it, change the sound etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean to say no one has seen this thing that makes the noise and no one has invented a device to change a cars chime?

I'm pretty handy, is there a way I can look up the location and put a piece of tape over the speaker/noise maker so its at least a little muffled sound?

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Anyone know where the beeping noise is coming from to fasten your seatbelt?
I sure don’t. It’s really never bothered me before. I remember the 1960’s GM cars, had the nastiest buzzard chimes. All new car Musical tones, are built-in into the software of the vehicles computer. I would just crawl under the dashboard with a stethoscope and listen for where the sound is coming from. That’s what I would do.....

Sorry, Basically you may just have to live with those noises. Here’s how you disconnect it all together....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts