Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking we don't get together enough, so I'm proposing a monthly get-together. I'm partial to hole-in-the-wall type places so since I came up with it I suggest Andrea's Pizza in Hampton 7 PM 10 August, it's a Friday. We can rotate venues, whoever attends someone can volunteer to pick the next place & date. Please RSVP so I can let Andrea's know we're coming. They are no more than1/5 mile from I-64 at Riverdale Shopping Center on Mercury Blvd.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Art, that would be a 4 to 5 hour thing for me and on a Friday night, it would be interesting. Williamsburg area would be better for me. There are plenty of owners in the Hampton, VA Beach area which should be willing to take their smart out for a cup of coffee or slice of pie or pizza at one location.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've I've just had your comment and a facebook "like" so I guess there's not much interest down my way after all.:cry:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Art, maybe the day of the week is off. After a long or late day at work the motivation might not be there. A Saturday or Sunday lunch thing with a historical or eye poppin drive by might be a thought. Maybe someone reading this could or would make a suggestion. Any is better than none. If the motocyclist and old cars can get together, so can we.
My smart "3LUG" and I enjoy going out for cup of coffee and slice of pie.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sundays are out for me, church 9AM-12PM, volunteer shift at the Virginia Living Museum from 12:30-5PM doesn't leave much time. I figured that with the little response I get for Saturday events I'd try for a weekday night event with the local people.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Art, maybe the day of the week is off. After a long or late day at work the motivation might not be there. A Saturday or Sunday lunch thing with a historical or eye poppin drive by might be a thought. Maybe someone reading this could or would make a suggestion. Any is better than none. If the motocyclist and old cars can get together, so can we.
My smart "3LUG" and I enjoy going out for cup of coffee and slice of pie.
I tried a blueberry picking with lunch after but no nibbles. We did get together in Williamsburg for a lunch but nobodyu on the southside seems interested in getting together anymore.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am! I just missed this post...until now. :) I want to get something going with the dealer soon too.
What's your work schedule? It seems like most of our local smart drivers aren't interested, at least by the response. June the dealership had a movie night, they said they were going to do it in July also but nothing yet. My wife & I are getting ready for outSMARTing the Dragon this weekend. Wish more from H/R would go to it next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts