Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I will know for sure in the next several days. I have my vacation time secured; waiting for my wife's turn to pick hers at work. By then I hope to have 2 smarts for trip....
Brian

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Amy, Mary and I are registered. If you are traveling to KC through Des Moines on I35 let us know. The Canada club will be passing through here on I35 to KC and will try to hook up with them. See you in KC.
Buzzz42

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jimvw57, talked with Don in Canada late last night and they are going to run I29 now instead of I35. They have a late checkin on Thursday the 11th
At the fall folage meet they had said they would do I35. There is to be a caravan rally point in Omaha, then on to KC via I29. Thats a bit out of the way for us, so we'll do I35. Its only about a 3hr drive from DSM. I'd like to get into KC early and avoid the rush. See you in KC.
Buzzz42

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm registered going for sure. Unless I'm dead. Trying to get my wife and daughter to go. They probably won't commit one way or the other until the day before.

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
It is about 30 miles over to 35, or I could take 90 over from Rochester and hit 35... 35 looks to be a straight shot.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Looks Like we will need a Hook up spot around Des Moines,
Should be good For MN coming down 35 (including some from Canada), WI coming in from 151 and Across IL from I 88 or I 90. This could also Pick up some Noth west IL folks and hopefully some of those who live so close to dealers in Iowa:rolleyes:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Forest, there is a great place to join the caravan comming down from the north on I-35 here in Des Moines(DSM). I-35 joines with I-80 and goes around DSM. Just west of the juntion is the 14th street exit and there is a large parking lot for K-Mart and Porky's drive-in. That would be a great place to regroup and gather up some of the Ia. gange and head down 35.
Buzzz42.....

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
Don't forget to pack the car, seeing as you will be running....

See you in Des Moines!!

P.S. don't forget the cheese!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts