Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was looking to get more depth for my horn sound. The stock horn is SOOOOOOOO wimpy. I want to retain it but just add a low pitch horn. I'm not good w/ wiring and stuff so I would prefer it be plug and play.

I heard of the fanfare upgrade. Anybody know where I can get it? W/ this upgrade you retain the original horn and just add another low tone right?

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
I had my smart center install it before delivery. I haven't compared it with the standard horn, but it sounds adequate to me. "Fanfare" generally means two horns of different pitch sounding simultaneously. It looks like the standard horn on the left side of the service area and is mounted in a similar location of the right side. Yes, it is standard horn plus the second horn.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Like 'Old smart', I had the "Fanfare" installed before delivery and it makes a big difference compared to other smarts on the Dealer's lot. It's not so loud that a short "beep" in an urban setting would attract frowns from pedestrian, but loud enough to get attention on the (infamous) Beltway.

smart parts #A4515420320
scAlexandria charged me $60.31 + instal.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
I had my dealer install the fanfare about day 2. FWIW, they replaced the original horn with the fanfare. It was better and probably OK around town but not on the interstates. I took out the fanfare and replaced it with the Wolo Bad Boy. That's loud enough on the interstates! (Also, it's plug and play.)

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
So the fanfare upgrade is not an additional low tone horn? I thought it was an ADDITION NOT REPLACEMENT to the stock horn.
The fanfare horn is an ADDITIONAL lower-frequency horn. The installation retains the original horn on the left side, and an additional horn on the right side. Never mind all the WOLO stuff, bikerboy asked about the smart "fanfare option" - I think we have answered his question.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
The fanfare horn is an ADDITIONAL lower-frequency horn. The installation retains the original horn on the left side, and an additional horn on the right side. Never mind all the WOLO stuff, bikerboy asked about the smart "fanfare option" - I think we have answered his question.
How much does the dealer charge for said fanfare?

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
My dealer installed fanfare "upgrade" was a replacement of the original horn, not an additional horn. This was May of last year and the first one they'd done, so it's possible they made a mistake. But, they gave me back the original horn and there was only one horn there when I took it out and installed the Wolo.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
give them to a good home

Hi, anyone who has replaced their original horn - I will pay you $5 plus shipping to Pa for it. Come on you know it's just laying around :D. Let me know....

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
My dealer installed fanfare "upgrade" was a replacement of the original horn, not an additional horn. This was May of last year and the first one they'd done, so it's possible they made a mistake. But, they gave me back the original horn and there was only one horn there when I took it out and installed the Wolo.
Looks like they made a mistake. Check out the Evolution link in post #3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.