Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took mine off since i only listen to music on a USB, I think the car looks even better without it :cool:

And it increases aerodynamics. :rolleyes::eek:

·
17,350 Posts
I would not leave that hole naked...

Smart Madness sells "stubby" antennas that work and look factory while being less than a quarter the size of the factory one.

A first generation Dodge Avenger antenna will also fit perfectly on your smart.

I take off my antenna every time I go to a car wash. :)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Look on Ebay, there is literally thousands of replacement antennas. As a matter of fact every time I search for smart car stuff on Ebay, I put -antenna -key -led behind the search. I will go from 28,000 hits to 3500 just by eliminating all the crap. You can get 1" tall antenna stubs that will fill the hole.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not leave that hole naked...

Smart Madness sells "stubby" antennas that work and look factory while being less than a quarter the size of the factory one.

A first generation Dodge Avenger antenna will also fit perfectly on your smart.

I take off my antenna every time I go to a car wash. :)

I didnt i covered it with precisely cut tape. :wink:

And i don't think i want a small antenna either... so no antenna for me... we dont get reception in hell :naughty:

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
When my '08 was still new, I swapped out the original antenna for the Dodge antenna. Challenger I think, don't recall really, but it's a common swap recommended here on SCoA, it's much shorter than the OEM antenna and doesn't cost much. But, I never listen to radio so I would just as well do with no antenna at all.

I was a radio announcer for 17 years, ending in 1992. Radio today is just saddening (to me). Thanks Reagan.

EDIT: Yeah, thanks for the reminder jefferios, mine is an Avenger antenna too.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I put a red-anodized stubby off of E-bay on mine.
Nice $10 fix for the ugly black antenna, and reception is probably still at 90% of what it was.

·
17,350 Posts
I put a short stubby dodge avenger in my 2008. It seized on, but still works.
Yep but as a note it has to be the antenna from the first generation of the Dodge Avenger.

Post-Fiat refresh Avenger antennas will not fit (even though they look the same), the threads are way too huge for the smart's hole.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
~KISS~
Clip it off, New radio's are "Auto Self Trimming". This ain't the old days where you had to turn the little Trimming nob on the back of the radio...

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I had no idea that using the phrase "do-dad" was outdated. Thanks for making me feel young GeekGirl. :p Would Thingamajig be more timely? Maybe Doohickey, or whatchamacallit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts