1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, get your head out of the gutter!

Hehe.

Ok, here's the scenario:

Years back, my wife was visiting her brother in Oregon and happened to stop in a gas station and grabbed a bag of "Red hot" flavored Corn Nuts. She just loved them! Not thinking too much about it, she figured she'd get more when she got home. Alas, they weren't anywhere to be found. In fact, they had been discontinued entirely so she was left with no options.

Fast forward a few years later and a buddy of ours came home from a Mexican vacation. He happened to see a bag of what he thought he remembered her talking about so he grabbed one. Bad news: he was wrong, they weren't the same thing. Good news: My wife loved them even more! Just as spicy but with more flavor, these ones are called "Chorizo Chipotle"

But guess what? They've been discontinued again!! So twice she gets exactly one bag and can't find them anywhere.

I've looked online. I'm a pretty good web shopper and I've been at it for hours. I've found several listings, but none that actually have stock and when I press it... they all eventually find out they can't get more.

The only place I've found that claims to have them on store shelves right now... is Menard's. And they won't ship them... you have to buy them in store.

It appears Menard's is concentrated in your guys' neck o' the woods. So I'm wondering if one of you wouldn't mind scoping it out for me next time you're in their store and let me know what the scoop is. I'd like to buy a couple of cases from a store that has them but I'd need them shipped to my WA address in the next couple of weeks.

No harm in asking, right :)

Cheers all.

- Steven

ps. Here's a link to the product page and you can enter your zip to see if they have stock in a store near you. I have no idea if that stock indicator is accurate though: http://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/grocery/snack-food/nuts/nut-mix/corn-nut-chorizo-chipotle/p-1502518-c-6710.htm

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but as I've said...

I've looked online. I'm a pretty good web shopper and I've been at it for hours. I've found several listings, but none that actually have stock and when I press it... they all eventually find out they can't get more.
Your first link is a dead end I already found and exhausted. They don't have it and can't get it despite what their site indicates. The 2nd link doesn't have the product I'm looking for.

·
Registered
763 Posts
A company that claims to be the biggest candy store is b. a. sweetie. b.a. Sweetie Candy Company - Contact Us
I know the focus is candy, not necessarily all snacks, but they do a lot of retro and uncommon items. . . and they do Internet orders and they ship. If they don't handle it items you're looking for, they may be able to connect you to a source that would ship product to you. I'm sure that they are approached by other snacks based on the range of candy they carry. Heck, they carry Fizzies. They answer e-mail and they do try to be helpful, so worst case, you lose a little time typing an e-mail.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Try sending an email directly to the company that produces Corn Nuts. You'd be surprised sometimes what can happen. My dad did that once when he got a rotten sunflower seed... and they sent him a case of them as an apology!

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Found 4 bags at the local Menards. That was all they had and didn't know if or when they would have more.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried that when she was trying to find the Red Hot variety. Can you believe the best answer I got was, "just go buy it in the store"?? This after detailing all my efforts and asking if they could tell me anywhere I might try. The rep behaved like it was commonly available everywhere. Finally after pressing, I get a canned response about how they change the flavors from time to time, etc. So I wasn't going to bother wasting my time with direct communication this time.

Jim - I'm not much for posting family pictures on the Internet. He's doing well though! He's the cutest baby in the world to my wife and I, but I know everyone thinks that... to others' eyes, they all look the same!

Speaking of the little guy... he's waking up. Gotta run!

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found 4 bags at the local Menards. That was all they had and didn't know if or when they would have more.
Thanks for checking!

Hey, did you pick them up by any chance? Presuming you don't want to eat them yourself :) , could I PP some money to you and have you mail them to me next time you find yourself at a post office? 4 bags should weigh one pound (presuming they were the 4oz bags and not the 0.8oz bags) so that'll only cost < $7 to mail to Canada. I was hoping for a couple cases, but 4's better than nothing!

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
They were going to check and let me know, I know the store manager. I'll get them off to you tomorrow, gotta do the work thing ya know. Still looking for pictures of that new kid...

I might get a chance to check down in Rochester too for your treats..

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They were going to check and let me know, I know the store manager. I'll get them off to you tomorrow, gotta do the work thing ya know. Still looking for pictures of that new kid...

I might get a chance to check down in Rochester too for your treats..
Thanks Jim! You don't have to rush to the post office... just when you're there next is fine.

Steven,

Did you miss post #4 by Brabus007 ??? :confused:

He's got you "hooked up" :p

Corn Nuts
See my response right after his post. Unless I missed something, neither link gets me what I want. The first doesn't actually have them and (I checked) can't get them - they just haven't clued in that they should reflect that on their site! The second link doesn't show that flavor at all.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you make it out to any of the Stars (professional soccer) games at the National Sports Center this year (home opener at the dome), find the crazy section with the banners and constant singing, then grab a handful of the Cajun Creole Hot Nuts that has become their official snack and is passed along regularly for whoever wants it. Peanuts instead of corn nuts, but tasty nonetheless. And how many snacks gets songs written about them? :p

OK, the free beer that Surly brought in last year was better (15 cases!), but you missed that. :)

Full schedule for them is here: MN Stars FC | North American Soccer League

·
Registered
763 Posts
Try sending an email directly to the company that produces Corn Nuts. You'd be surprised sometimes what can happen. My dad did that once when he got a rotten sunflower seed... and they sent him a case of them as an apology!
They sent him a case of rotten sunflower seeds? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I saw a couple of mentions of Amazon. . .try searching there but look at who the supplier is. Often it is not direct from Amazon and it will say in the small print somewhere up by the price and inventory status who is supplying the item. You can try going to their site and contacting them directly. If they offer a 3 pack over Amazon and you want a case, the supplier who fulfills the Amazon Web-based order may be able to do the case. We went through this looking for dark-chocolate covered Mauna Loa macadamia nuts. Eventually found that Target carries them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts