Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to know what ELSE she said?

Uh-huh, I read the pages of her mis-speaking.
I am really interested in what ELSE she said?

(transcript would be great)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
If your looking for more info on where the brand is going, then you want to know what was said in the tech talks. Jill speech was more of a welcome and thank you for coming to the event and showing your enthusiasm for the brand.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
If your looking for more info on where the brand is going, then you want to know what was said in the tech talks. Jill speech was more of a welcome and thank you for coming to the event and showing your enthusiasm for the brand.
I was in the front row, thats what I heard too! More about the cars future was talk about in the tech talks Saturday, at event.

Jill is very nice, I talk to her personal. Thank her, for coming to our event.
She had a graduation for her son the next day.:)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

I agree, Jill's speech was definitely more of a corporate thank you for attending, and thanks to the owners who showed up. She made light mention of the new "smart expressions" custom color program, but really didn't divulge a lot of info. The tech talks on Saturday were more interesting.

We got a sneak peek at the new '11 dash re-do, new colors, added features for '11 such as more airbags, more stereo choices, more colors, painted lower body panels, cruise option, etc....

They also mentioned a tranny reprogram for '11, they are actually slowing down the shifts. They say their R&D has shown that makes the shifts smoother? Don't think I'll be lining up for that update.:badidea:

Kim also spent some time discussing smarts marketing approach. I know it's all corporate jargon, but it did make sense after she explained it. I still think they need more, but at least they were willing to explain where they are coming from. They stated smart is .1% of the market, and they view the smart as a luxury purchase, not an every day necessity. Therefore traditional advertising doesn't work. They are trying other things, mostly web based, but they are also starting up the road tours again(the truck was at the BBQ dinner). Overall it was fairly interesting. I know one of our Canadian friends stated that he was impressed that they were giving the talk at all, it's more than smart Canada ever did for them.

A lot of good questions were asked, and some not-so-good ones as well.... Everybody got a good chuckle out of the lady who asked why her smart wasn't as quiet as her Caddy...

It was a good weekend, and I look forward to doing it all again next year.:D

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
That was funny

They seemed a bit stumped by her question:confused:

It was the way she asked it, she went on about the interior noise and then talked about feeling so "close" to the noise, then as an afterthought mentioned she was comparing it to her Caddy. I just found it funny, she want "E" class comfort in a smart price tag....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts