Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Brabus has DRLs. I was thinking of putting fog lights on my 2015 Pure. In looking at the parts listings, there are R and L surround inserts that appear to support both the DRLs AND the fog lights. I haven’t looked yet to see if there is any wiring, but it would be pretty interesting to have both. The more light, the better, as far as I’m concerned.

From what I’ve read here, seems like the fog lights have to be activated. Same go for the DRLs? The one thing I don’t like about the Smart is the programming requirement.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
My 2013 had the wiring and factory kits were, at that time, available on eBay. Never went down that road though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I installed a pair of “eagle eye” LEDs that are on at all times when the ignition is on in the small holes adjacent to the driving lamps. They are very bright, have lasted several years and are very inexpensive. Wiring was very simple, but I added an in-line fuse to prevent damage to the circuit should something goofy happen.

·
Registered
472 Posts
As promised, here are my DRL “snake Eye” LEDs in addition to the driving lights. I have white LEDs in the driving lights sockets, but it would be easy enough to change color to make them fog lamps.

The “snake eye” LED looks yellowish in the photos, but in reality, they are cool white

1 - 12 of 12 Posts