Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the list of options that you could get on original purchase (why did nobody in Canada get the tachometer???) and I haven't been able to find any photos of the ambient lighting or the "Heater digital A4548270070"

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in Canada, have a 453 Pulse with tachometer and ambient lighting. Mine is a standard so likely why I have the tachometer. I don't have a picture of the ambient lighting but I'm certain you can find it on smart's website when you look at the Pulse's features. I very much like my ambient lighting as it glows a soft red in the doors, on the floor and around the small storage box in the middle console. You will be happy with it, I promise.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered the 876 ambient lighting in my 2015 451 convertible, it was a $190.00 option. I think it was worth the money. The ambient lights are installed in the netted door pockets in the doors, in the dash storage areas on each side of the steering wheel, there is extra lighting in the driver and passenger foot wells, and a projection light is mounted in the windshield trim that illuminates down onto the shifter area. The lighting is a warm gold/yellow/orange color.

I can try to get some photos, they'd have to be taken at night as the lights don't show much in the daylight.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the 876 ambient lighting in my 2015 451 convertible, it was a $190.00 option. I think it was worth the money. The ambient lights are installed in the netted door pockets in the doors, in the dash storage areas on each side of the steering wheel, there is extra lighting in the driver and passenger foot wells, and a projection light is mounted in the windshield trim that illuminates down onto the shifter area. The lighting is a warm gold/yellow/orange color.

I can try to get some photos, they'd have to be taken at night as the lights don't show much in the daylight.
Oh darn, it doesn't even cove the trunk area? The option sounds really cool though! I'd love some photos if you had time to post them

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm in Canada, have a 453 Pulse with tachometer and ambient lighting. Mine is a standard so likely why I have the tachometer. I don't have a picture of the ambient lighting but I'm certain you can find it on smart's website when you look at the Pulse's features. I very much like my ambient lighting as it glows a soft red in the doors, on the floor and around the small storage box in the middle console. You will be happy with it, I promise.
What is a Pulse? Is that a Canada-specific variant of one of the pure, passion, prime or proxy trims?

Is the ambient lighting on all the time, or only when the doors are open? Or does it come on with headlights only?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Is the ambient lighting on all the time, or only when the doors are open? Or does it come on with headlights only?

Not sure on the 453, but on 451 it is on with headlights. Also brightens with dome light.

This is with dome light on.

One of the footwell lights normal and bright with door/dome light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts