Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before the 453 hit the states, there was a video of an "edition 1" at auto show with orange leather seats..

was a video on youtube (and ive scoured it for weeks looking)

maybe someone here saved it, or had a link to seeing it.

going to get my seats redone on edition 1 to orange and would love that pic as something to show the workers... currently this is the only similar thing i have

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
before the 453 hit the states, there was a video of an "edition 1" at auto show with orange leather seats..

was a video on youtube (and ive scoured it for weeks looking)

maybe someone here saved it, or had a link to seeing it.

going to get my seats redone on edition 1 to orange and would love that pic as something to show the workers... currently this is the only similar thing i have
A true 2016 "Edition 1" smart has a two-tone orange with black fabric seats. There was never an Edition 1 without an orange/black combination interior unless it was modified.

Miss Mercedes has one, maybe she can cough up a picture or two...:nerd:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A true 2016 "Edition 1" smart has a two-tone orange with black fabric seats. There was never an Edition 1 without an orange/black combination interior unless it was modified.

Miss Mercedes has one, maybe she can cough up a picture or two...:nerd:
i have 3 of the edition 1's, im well aware of the interior but in 2015 there was an autoshow with orange leather interior in one of the vehicles... it was a show vehicle. maybe "taylor made" before that program existed.

was a youtube video, i remember it very well i just cant find it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See the "B" on the upper part of the seat. That's a Brabus custom interior.
Hi,

yes i know it was not offered from factory

hi,

yes i know what i am requesting was never offered (as it would be easier to find then)

hi,

yes i know what the edition 1 comes with, i have owned several

hi,

what i am looking for cannot be found easily because it was never offered BUT they had an orange leather seated model w/ the edition 1 dash/doors at an auto show and i would like the link/picture because i have an edition 1 now that i'm going to have the seats redone orange leather and i forget if they went bright bright like the dash/doors or if they went subdued.

thank you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well google is your friend if you could narrow down some parameters such as what auto show, or even on which continent....

With the Brabus logo it does indeed sound like a 1 off. Other factors, was this a 453, with orange leather interior, what colour was the exterior?

In any event sounds like you are SOL at this point unless this is the one.

http://www.brabus.com/cars4sale/car_1239.html?lang=en

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
i have 3 of the edition 1's, im well aware of the interior but in 2015 there was an autoshow with orange leather interior in one of the vehicles... it was a show vehicle. maybe "taylor made" before that program existed.

was a youtube video, i remember it very well i just cant find it.

Tailor Made goes back quite a long time ago. I had this one built years ago... maybe you can try something similar with the orange leather.

It's the only picture that belongs to me that I can provide.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
smart 451, edition 1 with orange leather interior. Don’t know about any 453 having that.

It was probably a tailor made or something somebody cooked up to imitate one. A true BRABUS tailor made would have had different emblems "smart BRABUS tailor made," which means not a true "Edition 1." True Edition 1 models had "Edition # 1" emblems.

A 453 could have been tailor made though, and who knows what the owner did with the car for an auto show and video. :nerd:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Was it for a real auto show, eg Detroit, LA, NY, Toronto, Paris.... ? If one of those I would have suspected it was manufacturer vs just someone off the street. I suppose SEMA might be the wild card, but did a few searches and never found anything so far that seemed to be what the OP was looking for.

It wasn't good that I found those cars for sale on the Brabus site though, granted thankfully I don't live over in France any more so reduced temptation. Er well that is unless the fellows on Clubsmartcar do put together a deal for a container full of roadsters.....:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,754 Posts
Like this? ----->
Yes looked "like" that BURNT orange, BUT since the colors (red/orange) are done by software trickery - the actual vehicle he is looking for had a more distinctive orange. :shrug:

B'bus uses some fantastic leather in AWESOME colors - more like the orange in the top row center . . .

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Yes looked "like" that BURNT orange, BUT since the colors (red/orange) are done by software trickery - the actual vehicle he is looking for had a more distinctive orange. :shrug:

B'bus uses some fantastic leather in AWESOME colors - more like the orange in the top row center . . .

That orange may be known as "Mandarin color 9187." :nerd:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts