Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our plans have been changing and it now looks like we will overnight near Des Moines on Thursday night and head on to the Dells Friday morning.

Any one from the Des Moines or Iowa area interested in caravaning to the Dells on Friday?

·
Registered
246 Posts
jk, we are heading for the Dells on Thursday morning early. Don't want to be rushed trying to get there on Friday. We are at Indian Trail Motel. See you in the Dells.
Buzzz42

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dawn and I will be leaving from Des Moines sometime Friday morning. Have not decided what time yet, but would like to get to the Dells by early afternoon to set up for t-shirt pick-up.

What time do you plan to leave Des Moines?

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dawn and I will be leaving from Des Moines sometime Friday morning. Have not decided what time yet, but would like to get to the Dells by early afternoon to set up for t-shirt pick-up.

What time do you plan to leave Des Moines?
Early Friday morning will work for us. Since you have a time you want to get to the Dells I'll let you set the time. We will most likely stay at a hotel on the southside, probably near the airport. My cell phone is 918-810-5079.

Buzz, we'd planned to leave home Wed eve. but Jim needs to be at work Thursday morning. The CEO of his company will be at the Radio Station Thursday. So now we will leave Thursday afternoon. How does that go: Best laid plans .......... We are also staying at Indian Trails. See you there.

Jill

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Are you going to take the route through IL or are you going to make the North loop to stop in Tomah to join our caravan?

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was thinking the north loop but hadn't thought about meeting with you. I'll need to check with the Gruis' and figure out what we want to do. They may prefer through Illinois.

What time are you planning to be at Tomah?

PM to dgruis.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We had planned to take the Tomah route and meet up with that caravan.

We live about 8 miles from the Des Moines airport, and my GPS shows that Tomah, WI is 4 hour and 47 minutes from here. So...roughly 4:40 from Des Moines airport.

If we want to meet up with the Tomah caravan, we will probably need to leave Des Moines sometime between 7:30 and 8 am.

Dale and Dawn

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
7:30 am works for us. Let's plan on the Quick Trip at SW 9th and Army Post Rd.

jefferios: we will meet you at Tomah. Where is the meeting point at Tomah?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts