Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone use Eze-Tow Dolly for smart, or live near Kernersville, N.C??

So.....I'm interested in purchasing a tow dolly to tow my smart car behind my motorhome. It's called "Eze-Tow Dolly", and it's made in Kernersville. The problem is, I don't know if the profile is low enough and designed in a way that a smart car could be driven onto the dolly and have the clearance to not scrape the fascia underneath the front bumper, and also to have the space to loop the chain system around the front wheels and tighten them down. Anyone live near Kernersville, N.C. that might be familiar with ACME Trailers? Anyone living nearby that would be willing to check them out and see whether a smart could be loaded properly, and help out a fellow "smartie?" :>) Thanks in advance for any information or help in this matter. This company supplies their tow dollies direct from the manufacturer, so I don't have any way of going to a dealer and seeing for myself whether they would work for me or not!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
You might attract more attention to your thread if you change your title to "Anyone use the EZE-Tow Dolly made in Kernersville?
I looked because I have family near there. Kermit would be a good source of info, possibly, as he has done quite a bit of towing work and has a set up. He could tell you what he likes and why.
Rich

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BB Benz...Thanks! Title edited. wrumbarger........because my Great Dane & wife won't both fit in my smartie, I need to take our '05 Chevy Aveo when we take the Dane, and I want to take smartie the other times. If it weren't for the Dane, four down would be the best, simplest, and most obvious solution, and the one that I would prefer. :>) But......one of the reasons we upgraded and bought a bigger RV was to take Harley with us and NOT have to do tent camping. Was planning on installing a transmission lube pump by Remco on the Aveo, only I've recently learned that due to specific characteristics of the Aveo transmission, they don't make one. Since it's a front-wheel drive, a drive shaft disconnect is also not an option. :>( So......it's gotta be a tow dolly that'll work for both vehicles, and I just don't think the larger, more popular ones on the market would work with a smart car due to the long ramps that snap up parallel to the ground when you drive up on the dolly. They would be up against the undercarriage & the plastic lower fascia. :>( Not good!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts