Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found this part (see attached photo) loose in front of my 2008 451 Cabrio's passenger seat today, and I suspect it fell out from somewhere in the car's interior, but I can't find the location where it goes. Does anyone recognize this part, and know where I should look for the corresponding hole?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, you're probably right, but none of the three holes in the driver's site mat seem large enough to accept the nub. The nub only goes into the hole partway, and as soon as I stop pushing on it, it falls out again.

(Other mysteries: what happened to the other two of these? And how did this one make its way to the passenger side of the car? And why are the hole-and-nub attachments considered necessary when they mat is also held down with velcro strips?)

·
17,351 Posts
Wahi, my OE floor mat (rubber) only came with two of those anchor screws...no Velcro...

Anyway, OP: You have to drive the screw into the carpet. After you drive the screw into the carpet, take the floormat's hole and place it onto the screw head. Push down hard and it'll snap into place. :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Neon, I have the velvety mat, pretty sure it has three holes (the 3rd one on the tongue??). ANyway, 2 or 3 holes, like you said, push the hole down into the screwhead pretty hard and that's it.

BTW, OP, did you get your smart used?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Wahi,

Yes, I bought my Smart used.

FWIW, I figured out where the part actually came from -- I goes through a hole in the top of the passengers-side carpeting (under the dashboard). You have to remove it in order to lift up the carpet to get to the battery.

-Jeremy

·
17,351 Posts
That's odd. The screw on my passenger side is a flat top, flat head screw that you take out using something like a quarter. And it's a "female" screw too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts