Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 13 smart for ~6 months and 5500 miles, and have really been enjoying it.... Noticed the original Continental tires w/ ~ 28k miles on them have about had it (tires have a 2012 build date...so just assuming they are original). Especially the right rear tire is well worn in the middle...

Any rate, I'm thinking of getting some Genius Newton 17" wheels/tires as a fun upgrade as I really like the look. I currently have the 3 spoke wheels that come from the "style package" I learned from the forum...

Where would be a good place to buy them, and what tire sizes are recommended?? I had Smartmadness ad their $200 lowering springs which really improved the ride, IMO.

Anyone that have them care to relay your experience? Additionally, I wouldn't mind getting a used set if someone has one for sale.

Thanks....

The only video of these wheels in motion I found here:

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don’t have any first hand experience with the genius wheels, but know typically they aren’t sold used often (so they must be right for most people that buy them.) usually sold when someone is trading in or selling their smart.

If you upgrade and want to get rid of your stock wheels let me know. I love the 3-spokes and think it might be fun throwing a set on my 2nd smart (an ED).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have any first hand experience with the genius wheels, but know typically they aren’t sold used often (so they must be right for most people that buy them.) usually sold when someone is trading in or selling their smart.

If you upgrade and want to get rid of your stock wheels let me know. I love the 3-spokes and think it might be fun throwing a set on my 2nd smart (an ED).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be right! Must work out for people well. Still, I would like to know recommemded tire sizes for these wheels. AND I would LOVE to see photos other than the promo shots!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,577 Posts
I don't have the Genius Newtons, but do have Brabus 7.5x17 wheels on all four corners. I run 215/35-17 Hankook tires. Good clearance and no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts