Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask this because we did, and afterward, we ended up with a weird "soapscum" type thing on the roof above the hatch. After getting home, we rewashed the car (by hand) and it still won't come off. Wondering if anyone else got this? Any ideas?
This was only a VERY minor deal to an otherwise awesome weekend!!
Thanks to all who were behind this, and to all the folks we met.
Can't wait for the DVD.:)
Brian

·
17,360 Posts
I ask this because we did, and afterward, we ended up with a weird "soapscum" type thing on the roof above the hatch. After getting home, we rewashed the car (by hand) and it still won't come off. Wondering if anyone else got this? Any ideas?
This was only a VERY minor deal to an otherwise awesome weekend!!
Thanks to all who were behind this, and to all the folks we met.
Can't wait for the DVD.:)
Brian
Maybe hard water mixed with bad soap?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I know a few people that used it and I haven't heard anything like this. Maybe someone at the wash didn't like the cars and put something in the soap?!?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Brian, we used it Thursday afternoon and got the discount RainX wash. We just got back home today, just went out and checked and its ok.
We must have been the first smart car there and the old guy scrubed the bugs off the front and then the front wheels, then started to enquire as to
"what kind of car is this". We did wipe down the smart on Friday morning
after the rain, thanks Barry for the help. I didn't notice any problem at the time.
Larry

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sounds like a wax buildup or possibly just runoff of other gunk that you had on your car that was hiding in a crevice somewhere and got loosened and dripped and dried? If its on any black material or plastic trim it can be very difficult to get off entirely. If it is on the black plastic trim, there's a product specifically for that by either McGuiars or Mothers (can't remember which) with a name something like "back to black"

- Steven

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Sounds like a wax buildup or possibly just runoff of other gunk that you had on your car that was hiding in a crevice somewhere and got loosened and dripped and dried? If its on any black material or plastic trim it can be very difficult to get off entirely. If it is on the black plastic trim, there's a product specifically for that by either McGuiars or Mothers (can't remember which) with a name something like "back to black"

- Steven
Back to Black is a "Mother's" product :)

And of course, our friends from across the pond use WD40 on all the black plastics :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts