Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with one of the manager's this week. They are not an item that can be re-ordered or shifted from store to store. As previously reported, they are part of the early Christmas stock. They are delivered to the warehouse not as a stock item; they in a separate type of receivables; each store may get 1-5 depending how many are received and that is ALL they are getting. Appears what is out there is all that is out there.

If anyone hears something different, let us know.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
And now how many stores have you cleaned out?

How many kids will never get the chance to have there dream car:(

Oh well, just as well, Those kids would have destroyed them in the first week anyway, Right Neon:p

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea. I wiped out 6 of the 30 here in Charlotte last weekend and all of them have been claimed. So many more to check if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RC car spotted

I spotted one at the RiteAid in Slippery Rock PA near SRU last week. It was the top shelf above the photo department.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I'm sure when next Christmas holiday rolls around, they will have them back in stock once again. They might see that they were a hit for this holiday and order another round for next year. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I'm sure when next Christmas holiday rolls around, they will have them back in stock once again. They might see that they were a hit for this holiday and order another round for next year. Who knows.
Jill and team smart are doing an in depth study of just how Rite Aid can sell out of all their smarts but local smart dealers are still sitting on last year's model?

Tune into smart USA soundboard for results . . . :D

·
17,356 Posts
Woo hoo, I'm an early adopter! :)

And forest, MiniNeon II is still on a winning streak, no damage...:)

Project Black (aka Frankensmart) can confirm that these little Rite Aid cars are safer than their real life counterparts, I can roll it all day and drive off! :)

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Perhaps Rite Aid is like Hess where they have a different one each year? Perhaps next year it will be a roadster? a ForFour? or a ForTwoPlus? (I made up the last one :) ). (just thinking out loud and wishful thinking :) ).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone thought about looking on the box it came in to get the manufacturer's name and contacting them...or putting the info out in this forum, so those that don't have one can try that avenue?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts