Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Someone have a solution for adding Apple CarPlay to my 453 color navigation?

I found a video, I try to contact them...but not answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
87 Posts
What year? If I remember correctly, 2018 and later nav work with android auto out of the box, but carplay was only added after the facelift (~2020). There is a tricky way to get android auto on earlier units, but I don't know of any way to add carplay to the any units that don't have it. I think the guys over at XDA have figured a way to mirror an iphone through android auto, but it may require having an android phone plugged into the car at the same time. Unless you have a recent 453, I think your reasonable options are get an android phone (I like my Pixel) or replace the nav unit with an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year? If I remember correctly, 2018 and later nav work with android auto out of the box, but carplay was only added after the facelift (~2020). There is a tricky way to get android auto on earlier units, but I don't know of any way to add carplay to the any units that don't have it. I think the guys over at XDA have figured a way to mirror an iphone through android auto, but it may require having an android phone plugged into the car at the same time. Unless you have a recent 453, I think your reasonable options are get an android phone (I like my Pixel) or replace the nav unit with an aftermarket one.
My cars are made in 2018. Indeed I have android auto already, but I'm iOS user :)
Someone retrofit the main unit to new one 2020?
Replacing original one with aftermarket one is not a solution, I have camera, and UI is great :)
Thank for reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts