·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I applied for my HOV sticker.....in California

filled out my form checked off original decal, ZEV white decal, and Electric

got my forms sent back with a new form that must be filled out by the dealer
reg 256 must be filled out stating the correct motive power for the vehicle

E is designated for Electric.....did my car get registered wrong when it came in to port? did the dealer goof up?

anybody else apply for the HOV stickers in cali yet?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

E is designated for Electric.....did my car get registered wrong when it came in to port? did the dealer goof up?

I think you may have applied for the wrong sticker. The white stickers I think have already expired. I'm not at a computer but I'll try to check later after my son falls asleep. There's a list somewhere on what to apply for. I think it's a link from a dmv page to a CARB page you may look for...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think you may have applied for the wrong sticker. The white stickers I think have already expired. I'm not at a computer but I'll try to check later after my son falls asleep. There's a list somewhere on what to apply for. I think it's a link from a dmv page to a CARB page you may look for...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

White Stickers are for All Electric/Zero Emissions Vehicles, which are the correct stickers to apply for. Not sure what you mean by expired... im pretty sure they are available.

Must be the first Smart ED applying for the stickers and or they are unaware of it being electric? weird

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
according two the last post
the official model name of the car is the fortwo electric
I wrote down Electric Drive

will call today and check if this is the problem

if it is wow......

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
This is what I was hoping to find. Thank you.

according two the last post
the official model name of the car is the fortwo electric
I wrote down Electric Drive

will call today and check if this is the problem

if it is wow......
I remember that application. I didn't like it much, very confusing. Almost like you have to be a lawyer to fill it out properly.

so nobody else has applied for HOV stickers in California?
I'm afraid I don't have an ED. My wife has a C-MAX Energi. I was confused about the application process and should have looked it up before posting. (Sorry about that!) I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is that you put "Electric Drive" and not "Fortwo Electric". I might have missed the Enhanced AT PZEV and selected AT PZEV if I wasn't super careful. Does one really need both the exhaust standard and motive power questions? Geez...

No issues after carefully filling out the form for my wife's car, AND I have noticed the non-expired white stickers on at least one Tesla model S around town. Again, I apologize for my confusion...

·
Registered
271 Posts

I suspect your dealer incorrectly registered your car with the wrong motive power. The same thing happened with my RAV4EV, and I had to take the reg 256 form to the dealer and they have to sign it saying that they made a mistake. I think your DMV form gives an example of the correct language.
At least in my case the DMV said I didn't need to do it in two steps, one to change registration and then two to apply for white sticker. You should be able to return everything back to DMV and they will issue your stickers.

My RAV was the first out of that dealer and there were several things that they did that showed their inexperience. My Smart dealer was on the ball and actually expedited my registration and the white stickers came without a hitch. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That sucks that they expire. I have to renew my green plate every year just like any other plate, but it will always be green. The also put signs up in the HOV lanes (Ontario) for green vehicles.

·
Registered
271 Posts
no call back from the dealer today will try again tomorrow
I just showed up with the form filled out and they signed it. My experience told me that if they were dumb enough to make that mistake, they weren't going to easily figure out the solution. I had to do it for them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spoke with the dealer today...they registered the car wrong and put down that its a gas model...they said that there is another one too.....

they are going to go to the DMV and get this corrected..

Now what about my State rebate....that still isn't here....this could be a bigger problem

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now what about my State rebate....that still isn't here....this could be a bigger problem
I was told the state rebate(s) are delayed. Here's the e-mail I received (and a way to check your rebate status):

"Thank you for your e-mail. According to my records, your application was approved on 8/28/2013. It normally takes up to 60 days from the approval date to mail the check. However, we are experiencing a delay due to a prolonged transition into a new fiscal year as well as a very high volume of rebate applications. As a result, the check may have to be mailed after the 60-day period has passed.

Please be advised that you can also check the current status of your application on our website at Your Application Status | CCSE. In order to access this service, you will need your 5-digit application number, which can be found in your confirmation e-mail or in the bottom-right corner of your PDF application form."

·
Registered
271 Posts
As I tried to explain earlier, it would be faster if the dealer would have signed the 256 form. Then you could mail that back with your app and it would be done. Now you will have to wait for a corrected registration, and then mail your app back unless the dealer agrees to include your app with the 256 form.

Yes the state (CVRP) rebates are delayed. I went to that link and mine has still not been mailed and my approval was 8/16.

·
Registered
210 Posts
just saw this thread. I applied for my HOV this morning and mailed in my 8$ fee for it. DMV is going to expedite it and get back to me ASAP with my stickers... soo fingers crossed I dont have any issues. I also applied for my city parking permit so i can park free and charge free anywhere in San Jose... lol hope that doesnt get denied.. will get back to you on my answers

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I was told the state rebate(s) are delayed. Here's the e-mail I received (and a way to check your rebate status):

"Thank you for your e-mail. According to my records, your application was approved on 8/28/2013. It normally takes up to 60 days from the approval date to mail the check. However, we are experiencing a delay due to a prolonged transition into a new fiscal year as well as a very high volume of rebate applications. As a result, the check may have to be mailed after the 60-day period has passed.

Please be advised that you can also check the current status of your application on our website at Your Application Status | CCSE. In order to access this service, you will need your 5-digit application number, which can be found in your confirmation e-mail or in the bottom-right corner of your PDF application form."
Would have lost this rebate if you hadn't had brought this website to my attention! Thank you!!!! My wife would probably have killed me!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts