Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My reservation was put in on April 6th, and on Nov. 20th I got a call from Smart to ask why I had not confirmed. I never received the e-mail, and they re-sent it that day.

I confirmed my Blue/Silver Passion, with everything but the leather seats. I sure hope there is some way to get the other items in that Package without leather...

I'd also love to know how many other Central Texas people are already confirmed...

Happy Holidays to all,

Jeff
Austin TX

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thanks for the news Jeff

However this adds to my concern you are about the 4th or 5th that had to call or got called and find out about the confirmation notice....

Glad you got configured...with a little luck you and I will meet at the dealer as they prep our cars... being a few days behind you but knowing they are group shipping should make for meeting new local friends...

1215 and still not configured yet...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jeff,
I'm in the Dallas area. reservation #1200, I think I reserved on the 19th of April. Glad to hear they called you, I wonder how many people have not received "THE email" and missed the phone call! I'm nervous b/c I'm leaving Wed. the 28th for a vacation in Spain then get on a cruise ship from there and don't get home until Dec. 16th. I've never taken a laptop on vacation and never used WiFi. I'm not sure I know how to do it. Maybe someone on the ship will help me. I wish SMART would give us a couple of weeks to reply, with a re-send of the email after the first week. :eek: I wish I could test drive one without power steer assist so I know if I want to spring the $450 or not. :(
Vicki from Dallas
yellow/silver/beige/passion owner wannabe

·
Registered
931 Posts
Vicki, I can tell you that my wife had no idea her test drive was without power steering as the steering effort felt the same as her Jaguar.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yellowcarsrock

I am leaving on business Wednesday 28th and have same concerns with my 1215 res number

I am going to call Tuesday 27th and express my concerns to the SmartUSA 800 number and see what they can do about adding additional contact info

I am also going to set a rule in outlook to forward any mail from Smart USA and any variants to my wife and brothers e-mail accounts

One way or another I think I could get on line--- or last ditch...call SmartUSA and configure...according to another member here , the nice folks at the 800 number can add or delete from the configuration ---so that is a viable option sans internet connection....

BTW I probably am "configuring" a Passion in Yellow/Black/Black leather with most options...

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
The only time you should notice the lack of power steering on this car is at a dead stop, as soon as you are rolling it should not be bad. This is not based on experience with a smart but with other cars, heavy big tire stuff is the upper body workout recipe. The only reason my car will have it is my wifes insistance on the heated leather seats... go figure
karl

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'd love to have those people check their spam filters.

Thanks for the news Jeff

However this adds to my concern you are about the 4th or 5th that had to call or got called and find out about the confirmation notice....

Glad you got configured...with a little luck you and I will meet at the dealer as they prep our cars... being a few days behind you but knowing they are group shipping should make for meeting new local friends...

1215 and still not configured yet...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dave Blais

Jeff:
I am 1266 registered June 20 07 and have not heard a word from Smart.
I have e-mailed them and hope for a reply soon.
I need to try and find out who the designated dealers may be in Houston.
I read the original documentation with the registration and it seems to indicate that the first contact would come from the dealer.
What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank-you so much for the encouraging replies Carnut, Fredvon 4 and Karl Roth.

Carnut did your wife have the wherewithal to ask if the car she test drove had the power assist steering? I never thought about it, until about a week after the test drive. Then I was told some of the test cars that came to Dallas had it, and some did not.....Sigh.

Fredvon 4, How do I do that OUTLOOK email fwd thingy, sounds like it is call fwd for the computer! That would give me piece of mind. I was planning on calling SMARTUSA on Tues. also. Great minds think alike.....

Karl, I'd like the leather seats, but I don't like that headlight exit delay. and I don't want the rain sensor wipers and light sensor. I want to turn that stuff on and off myself and not have a gadget that can malfunction or break and then not be able to turn on or off the wipers and lights. I wish they would knock those last two options off, and lower the pkg cost accordingly. I'd like to get leather heated seats, a factory alarm, and the silver tridion. But now will probably just get the silver tridion, and alarm. I love the feel and smell of leather; especially, in a small closed space like the SMART will be. But it seems to hold the cold longer than fabric seats. Seems like we have figured out you can only get leather seats if you buy the WHOLE comfort pkg and then you can only get the in Black right?

reservation #1200 on 15th of April
no config call or email yet....

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Monday I plan to write the Outlook Rule from my office account

If you have the full version of outlook and NOT outlook express I think it will be fairly straight forward (pun intended)

Basically you find a good e-mail from SmartUSA

Right click on the mail without opening it

Scroll down to Create Rule

On the lower right of the new box find and click Advanced options

Find the "From SmartUSA.com" box and put a check mark in it with a mouse click

Select Next

Find the "forward it to people or distribution list" box and check it

Don't click next yet

Now down in the "Step 2" area click on the "people or distribution list" link

On the new page that opened you can select a person in your directory, or just type in a complete e-mail address in the TO -> area

then click OK

When you click next this time, it will ask for "Exceptions".... there are none

so click next again

Now Name the rule something like "Smart Mail forward Vacation" without the quotes

You also select to "turn On this Rule" with a check mark on this page

Click finish

Thats it

Now under Tools, Rules and alerts, you will have this rule set and you can turn it on or off...

When I do this, I carefully create a similar rule with another e-mail I know I get frequently ---- that way I can see if the forward rule is working

Good luck and feel free to PM me this weekend

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Monday I plan to write the Outlook Rule from my office account
You can set it up with the "Out of Office Assistant" in Outlook as well. If you use a web based (ISP) mail box, most will have a rule based forwarding capablility as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just a quick note here. My configuration notice did not come from the smartusa address. it came from [email protected], so you might want to set up your forwarding and/or your spam filters to include this address too.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thanks sisyphus

I forgot o remind about that in my note before.... I have e-mail from three different addresses on my work computer (I gave them the address I am most often at)

Monday I will post all the addresses I have gotten mail from...but I did note back when all of you guys first got your second invite, that it was from a address I did not recognize....

eh long winded way of saying thanks dreary rainy day here

·
Registered
28 Posts
what number are we at?

Thanks sisyphus

I forgot o remind about that in my note before.... I have e-mail from three different addresses on my work computer (I gave them the address I am most often at)

Monday I will post all the addresses I have gotten mail from...but I did note back when all of you guys first got your second invite, that it was from a address I did not recognize....

eh long winded way of saying thanks dreary rainy day here
What number are we at? does anyone know how fast this is going? what is the time from 1150 to 1200?

thanks

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
The switches still work

Thank-you so much for the encouraging replies Carnut, Fredvon 4 and Karl Roth.

Carnut did your wife have the wherewithal to ask if the car she test drove had the power assist steering? I never thought about it, until about a week after the test drive. Then I was told some of the test cars that came to Dallas had it, and some did not.....Sigh.

Fredvon 4, How do I do that OUTLOOK email fwd thingy, sounds like it is call fwd for the computer! That would give me piece of mind. I was planning on calling SMARTUSA on Tues. also. Great minds think alike.....

Karl, I'd like the leather seats, but I don't like that headlight exit delay. and I don't want the rain sensor wipers and light sensor. I want to turn that stuff on and off myself and not have a gadget that can malfunction or break and then not be able to turn on or off the wipers and lights. I wish they would knock those last two options off, and lower the pkg cost accordingly. I'd like to get leather heated seats, a factory alarm, and the silver tridion. But now will probably just get the silver tridion, and alarm. I love the feel and smell of leather; especially, in a small closed space like the SMART will be. But it seems to hold the cold longer than fabric seats. Seems like we have figured out you can only get leather seats if you buy the WHOLE comfort pkg and then you can only get the in Black right?

reservation #1200 on 15th of April
no config call or email yet....
you can still use the switches, Luxury stuff you don't need but is fun when you get used to it. played valet Thanksgiving sister got in her jeep and the lights didn't come on... had to show where the switch was her Manual brother had turned off.
karl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts