Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My reservation was put in on April 6th, and on Nov. 20th I got a call from Smart to ask why I had not confirmed. I never received the e-mail, and they re-sent it that day.

I confirmed my Blue/Silver Passion, with everything but the leather seats. I sure hope there is some way to get the other items in that Package without leather...

I'd also love to know how many other Central Texas people are already confirmed...

Happy Holidays to all,

Jeff
Austin TX

(Sorry I also posed this in the wrong "New Members" forum.)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Congrats, Jeff!! You have the same car as I do except I opted for the leather......Welcome to the forum and Happy Thanksgiving!

John

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd also love to know how many other Central Texas people are already confirmed...
Great Info Jeff. I'm in San Antonio and I don't think we are getting a dealership so I will probably share yours... WOW almost eight months from reserve!

I didn't reserve until late September and I don't have confirmation yet. IT will be interesting to see how all this pans out for location allotments -vs- reservation order.:cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Last four digits of your reservation number?

My reservation was put in on April 6th, and on Nov. 20th I got a call from Smart to ask why I had not confirmed. I never received the e-mail, and they re-sent it that day.

I confirmed my Blue/Silver Passion, with everything but the leather seats. I sure hope there is some way to get the other items in that Package without leather...

Happy Holidays to all,

Jeff
Austin TX
Jeff,

Congratulations! :) Hope mine is soon too.

What was (is) the last four numbers of your reservation number? Mine is 1213 for 04/28/2007.

Thanks & glad to hear they called so you didn't drop out of the loop.

BTW - I'm doing my Smart the same colors as you with all equipment and leather.

Chassol

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
SnakeFarm

Because the "road show" has a San Antonio stop I am certain as big as SA is you will have a Smart Center dealership...

Contact the folk down there that "hosted" the road show...odds are they are the PAG Dealer in your area... My Gut tells me that if Dallas, Houston and Cent Tex get a store, I see plenty of reasons for San Antonio and El Paso to also be sites

·
Registered
533 Posts
SnakeFarm

Because the "road show" has a San Antonio stop I am certain as big as SA is you will have a Smart Center dealership...

Contact the folk down there that "hosted" the road show...odds are they are the PAG Dealer in your area... My Gut tells me that if Dallas, Houston and Cent Tex get a store, I see plenty of reasons for San Antonio and El Paso to also be sites
I tried to slueth this out about a month ago. The San Antonio MB dealer told me they "did not plan on carrying the brand" in the kind of east-cost accent I always mock when trying to convey snobbery but never dreamed anybody ever actually used.

San Antonio is the nations 8th largest city. Seems odd to me that we would not get one of the "city" car dealerships.

I know exactyl where the dealership North of Austin will be and I may buzz over there on the bike tomorrow. Have a little lunch. Bulid a little shrine...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm not sure of the #s exactly but wasn't it like 1200 or so dealers applied to sell the Smart so maybe San Antonio MB was turned down? Maybe that's why the snobbery.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
NONE of the three MB dealers in Austin are going to be dealers either

PAG prefers to use their dealer chains AFAIK... I know some MBs dealers will be Smart centers, but I bet predominantly Smarts will be sold more by PAGs multi maker car dealerships

I still recommend finding out who HOSTED the San Antonio road show... and contact them.... I have a wager with myself that SA gets a Smart dealer

Hell some other big cities got two ro three

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
A Twist

Some M-B dealers decline to sell smarts for perception probems; they don't want inexpensive smarts pulling down the "aura" of the $$$ M-B brand. There is at least one M-B dealer I know of that declined to sell Maybach because their bread-and-butter M-Bs would then look like the cheapies.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Exactly.... Here in Texas the MB or other so called high end dealerships never gave me the nose in the air feel I found often on the east coast...OH, I know it is still there, just Texan's have a hard time being phoney snobby... they have their own version... but it is more about diesel motors in pickup trucks. IYKWIM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They don't have San Antonio on the "pretty well confirmed" dealer list here.

http://smartcarofamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751

Of course, Austin and Houston both have dealerships owned by the Penske Auto Group.

When the road show was in S.A., the rumor was that Ancira Chevrolet may be the dealer there. I sure hope that S.A. gets a dealership, but remember Austin has no Mini dealer, my neighbor drives down to S.A. for service.

Good luck.

Jeff Lomax
Austin TX

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I guess this might also have something to do with waiting this late to announce dealerships... makes sense to see how many orders there are and then decide how many of the 50/70 ( I keep seeing different references to how many there will be) dealers need to be in a particular region... perhaps Dallas, Austin and Houston are all that is needed for Texas reservations..... I would have thought that the San Antonio area would have as many if not more then the Central Texas area combined. San Antonio is a huge very fast growing metropolitan area with water, electricity, traffic and other large city growth problems... Lot of the folks there are seriously ecology and economically minded...

Remember Texas distances... sounds like there will be more Smart dealers more densely packed in Southern California the all of Texas... I bet the total Smart car sales are very close to the same in both states.

Road show did not stop in El Paso so all of those sales have to go to Albuquerque NM

I would really like to see the master list, sorted by state city, of all the 30,000+ $99 reservations

·
Registered
533 Posts
When the road show was in S.A., the rumor was that Ancira Chevrolet may be the dealer there.

Thanks Jeff! The tour stop here was at a book store but, based on this post I made a "fishing" call to Ancira and asked to speak to a Chevy salesman. A friendly guy named Jose told me that they "are definatly going to" carry smarts and offered that they don't know when they are getting in but that I should call back in in Jan. The weird part was that he actually seemed in a hurry to get me off the phone. Very odd for a car salesman.

I'd give this about a 30% credability factor.

But Arnesto Ancera does makes sense. He carries EVERTHING but hummers and caddies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts