Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 passion and have been trying to find one more rear wheel so I can go to rear wheels on the front. I have one extra rear rim and have had a time trying to find another reasonably priced one. I just sent a wheel back to one eBay seller, as they went me a front rim. (The car they were parting out had front rims on the rear.) Another seller did not know how to properly identify wheels and was advertising a 5.5" wheel as a 6.5" because he was measuring the overall width! By the time I got him sorted, the wheel was gone.

Did all years of 451 with silver 9 spoke 15x5.5" wheels as shown in the photo below share the same rear wheel? I found a listing for one from a 2013 smart and it looks right, but I don't want to assume. The seller says, "2013 & 2014 only", but he may not have a clue.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would look on the back side of the wheel for any cast-in numbers indicating size, offset or part number, as many alloy wheels have. Then verify any seller with a wheel has the matching info. I don't remember what is on the back side of smart wheels and I do not have one to inspect.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Have you checked the company Smartmadness? They have a boatload of wheels on their site, or may know a source for the wheel you want

1 - 3 of 3 Posts