Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,027 Posts
So no Texas dealers are carrying the ED, or they don't have inventory, or what? Again, I'm baffled by smart USA's marketing "plan"....:shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
So no Texas dealers are carrying the ED, or they don't have inventory, or what? Again, I'm baffled by smart USA's marketing "plan"....:shrug:
The plan is to offer the niche vehicles to the markets that have best supported the brand. California, New York, Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, etc,. Markets that include a significant enough population of buyers genuinely interested in a smart EV as a commuter, and also markets with more favorable politics towards electric vehicles.

Some cities and states have politics that are hostile towards green technology, and I'll pretty much leave it at that...

At this point, if there is somebody who truly wants a smart vehicle but they live in a market where it is not made available, they will have to consider an out of state transaction. That will include the effort and expense necessary for long distance delivery, service, etc,. It is possible, but understandably not nearly as convenient as the mainstream car that your neighbor across the street has, as well as about 6 or 7 neighbors on the same street, also have (yes, I added that comment for dramatic effect). :nerd:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Some interesting lease rates but dont see any dealers that have inventory in Texas...
I'm sending out a vehicle to New Mexico this week. I can send one out to Texas too on a low priced deal. Servicing will be difficult and the long distance stuff is not practical for everybody. I have some scenarios that can help, you can shoot me a private message if you're interested...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts