Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever talked to a "Authorized Electric Drive smart Center"? Me either.:shrug:
Have you ever talked to a "Authorized Electric Drive smart Technician? Me either.:shrug:

I have talked to at least four smart dealerships and a Mercedes-Benz dealership about my car I've talked to the service writer at these places. I'm not impressed. one service writer said to me that they knew what the noise was in my car when I start to take off and I said oh what is it and she says will schedule you an appointment to have your exhaust pipe tightened. I said Lady it's an electric car.>:D

Smart EQ control app. I hope it last longer than 3 years.>:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Have you ever talked to a "Authorized Electric Drive smart Center"? Me either.:shrug:
Have you ever talked to a "Authorized Electric Drive smart Technician? Me either.:shrug:

I have talked to at least four smart dealerships and a Mercedes-Benz dealership about my car I've talked to the service writer at these places. I'm not impressed. one service writer said to me that they knew what the noise was in my car when I start to take off and I said oh what is it and she says will schedule you an appointment to have your exhaust pipe tightened. I said Lady it's an electric car.>:D

Smart EQ control app. I hope it last longer than 3 years.>:D
thats actually quite funny
f**ing crooks

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Most dealerships have people handle the phones who are great at setting appointments, handling very basic questions, having a friendly voice, and a patient ear. Their role is not to diagnose your car, advise you on how to repair your car on your own or elsewhere. Their job is to kindly assist you with scheduling your appointment.

If your car was a gas car, it sounds to me like a noise complaint on acceleration can very easily be an exhaust leak. Since it's electric, there could have been a misunderstanding or misinterpretation, and perhaps the customer service rep thought you were saying your car is "NOT electric." You never know.

If you need help, why not just bring your car in for an evaluation? :shrug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told her it was an EV or as smart calls it a ED. I know that the gas smart has problems with the tailpipe from YouTube. I told her about my car and I asked to talk to the service writer. I took notes and I have called a half dozen MB dealers and all they want is for me to bring my car 400 miles to their shop so they can stoke me. Again, Have you ever talked to a “Authorized Electric Drive smart Center”? Have you ever talked to a “Authorized Electric Drive smart Technician”?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts