Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Thanks jwight! I only check that board about once a week and wouldn't you know it, I didn't check this week!!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
28,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just happened across it after they posted the price; higher than I expected and I'm not really in the market, but nice to know it's getting closer for those that want it. :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
If we could only find the wiring diagram for the car, we could buy one of the dashmount units from JC Whitney for $121.00 and install it

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hmm, I am at work so I can't really click around too much for this - but has anyone seen any pics of the install? I'd like to hope it comes with a black stalk to match the 451 interior... that would be the only thing keeping me from doing it.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Hmm, I am at work so I can't really click around too much for this - but has anyone seen any pics of the install? I'd like to hope it comes with a black stalk to match the 451 interior... that would be the only thing keeping me from doing it.

You use the original stalk that came with your smart, it just gets a very tiny mod! :)

:smartje.rd.zw: :RS-c.gl.zw: :smartje.wt.zw:

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I'd like to hope it comes with a black stalk to match the 451 interior... that would be the only thing keeping me from doing it.
I'd love the CC. While the price isn't necessarily a deal breaker, I've seen installation instructions somewhere and they're beyond my level of competence. So, I'd have to pay a pro and that added cost does put the total price beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Hoping it will be a factory option in 2010 model year! :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
too rich for my blood... I'm sure its a great product and would LOVE to have it... but, I'd have to have it professionally installed... and then I'm looking at somewhere around $700 or so.... just can't do it... I'll wait for factory cruise and then sell my used Cabrio.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The installation looks very simple to me - there is one hole to drill in the stalk, and the rest is just plug and play. I'm sure I would be able to do it - and I'm a 70-year-old female cripple! - sheureka

·
Registered
32 Posts
...about what I figured.

btw, and fwiw, I am listening to "Little Martha" by Duane Allman, which I haven't heard for about 30 years. I think it is the best song in the world. Leo Kottke agrees with me.

Best Regards,

e

.::.

·
Registered
243 Posts
the 451 site is very cool. and looks very easy to do. i will order one so i can put it on my car when i get it. they say it will match the new interior.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts