Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SmartieParts will make 10 of the new Area 451 cruise controls available this Saturday Sept 13 at the PNW meet in Prosser WA.
Steven will do the installation at no charge

There are four more spots open.

UPDATE: Time is getting near, so if you are in on the Area 451 cc deal, let SmartieParts know what he needs to bring --go here:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f45/prosser-event-shopping-list-what-should-i-bring-13704/#post134987

See Steven's original post here: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f45/pnw-chapter-meet-12828/index17.html#post132432

If your are interested or have your order in at
SmartieParts, please add your name below.

1. Dunerunner (Scott & Kathy)
2. smart fortimo
3. John H

4. Suze
5. Bigcritter (Marty & Terri)
6. BBuzzz (Steve)

For more details of the Meet, go here #1: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f45/pnw-chapter-meet-12828/#post125252

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
This is a great opportunity for those in the PNW area who want Cruise Control. And Free installation while you enjoy a smart car Rally, who could ask for more!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'll also kick in half price bumper bolts and/or half price stereo fascias to anyone with one of my cruise controls at this event only.

Max one pair of bolts and/or one fascia per person. That's $25 for the double DIN fascia, $27.50 for the single-DIN version, and $22.50 for a pair of bumper bolts. I'm losing money at those prices, but I'm known in my parts for giving crazy ECP (Event Cash Pricing) at events! I'd do it on more exciting products, but at the moment there isn't a lot available for the 451 that I can actually get stock of :)

I can also give special pricing on the Performance Air Intake (to be determined if there is interest) and $20 off the ScanGauge II!!!.

I'm just trying to entice people because there's not a lot of time to get the list filled.

Cheers.

- Steven

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
left out in the cold on the east coast?

I'll also kick in half price bumper bolts and/or half price stereo fascias to anyone with one of my cruise controls at this event only.

Max one pair of bolts and/or one fascia per person. That's $25 for the double DIN fascia, $27.50 for the single-DIN version, and $22.50 for a pair of bumper bolts. I'm losing money at those prices, but I'm known in my parts for giving crazy ECP (Event Cash Pricing) at events! I'd do it on more exciting products, but at the moment there isn't a lot available for the 451 that I can actually get stock of :)

I can also give special pricing on the Performance Air Intake (to be determined if there is interest) and $20 off the ScanGauge II!!!.

I'm just trying to entice people because there's not a lot of time to get the list filled.

Cheers.

- Steven
My unit shipped today but driving my Smart to Washington isn't an option for me. I've posted a note asking for any 9 others in my area that want to take you up on the free installation. Since that probably won't happen in a timely fashion, do you have any DIY tips/cautions that haven't yet made it into the official posted installation instructions?
Thanks,
Michael

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Michael, What!!! That's only a 6,000 mile round trip for you!! We'll take plenty of pictures if it happens at the Rally.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Timo, just a bump to get you started. You're working hard to make this FREE install offer on Area 451 cruise control happen!! Keep it up, you're doing great!!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PNW smarties,

Does the cruise control interest you?

Are you able to come to the Prosser meet?

If anyone needs a reason to get off the Area 451 fence, if you are thinking cruise control sometime down the road and can't pull the trigger at this time... have I got an offer for you.

No, I won't fix your credit. Nor will I enable you to create wealth buying and selling real estate with no money. :nuts:

But I can offer you time-shifting on the purchase of the Area 451 cruise control so you can get one at the Prosser meet. I can extend this to four or five folks and this is not a profit-making offer by me.

I would love to have a reason for SmartieParts to make the drive down from Okanogan country!

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,
Timo

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
I'll have to wait for the photos

Michael, What!!! That's only a 6,000 mile round trip for you!! We'll take plenty of pictures if it happens at the Rally.
Actually, the trip doesn't sound bad, it's getting the time off from work that would be a problem. :mad: Take lots of photos, please!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Michael, you tell them I said it was OK for you to get two weeks off!! I'm sure it will make a world of difference, LOL!!

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
gotta love this forum

Michael, you tell them I said it was OK for you to get two weeks off!! I'm sure it will make a world of difference, LOL!!
Thank you, that's great, I'll leave tomorrow and plan to stay at your place - the boss told me it's OK.:D

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Area 451 Cruise Control with Free Install
Steven Morehouse of SmartieParts will make 10 of the new Area 451 cruise controls available at the PNW meet in Prosser WA the weekend of Sept 12-13.

Steven will also do the installation at no charge - if there are 10 buyers.

See Steven's post here #164: PNW Chapter Meet

If your are interested or have your order in at SmartieParts, please add your name below. If there aren't 10 takers, this should not be construed as a commitment to buy at a later date.

We have four, only need 6 more!!!
2. smart fortimo
3. John H

4. Suze

For more details of the Meet, go here #1: PNW Chapter Meet

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Area 451 Cruise Control with Free Install
Steven Morehouse of SmartieParts will make 10 of the new Area 451 cruise controls available at the PNW meet in Prosser WA the weekend of Sept 12-13.

Steven will also do the installation at no charge - if there are 10 buyers.

See Steven's post here #164: PNW Chapter Meet

If your are interested or have your order in at SmartieParts, please add your name below. If there aren't 10 takers, this should not be construed as a commitment to buy at a later date.

We have five, only need 5 more!!!
2. smart fortimo
3. John H

4. Suze
5. Bigcritter (Marty & Terri)

For more details of the Meet, go here #1: PNW Chapter Meet

Come on, everyone!! Opportunities like this don't come along every day!! How many people haven't said, at least ONCE, that they wished their car had cruise control, or that it was offered as an option! WELL!! HERE you have the OPTION of having this cruise installed for FREE!! This cruise is comparable in function to the MDC cruise on the 450 models. I've driven one of those on a diesel powered 450, and it's SO SMOOTH, you can't even tell when it engages! No sudden surges, it's almost invisible!! Only FIVE more people!! Come ON, everyone!!! :>)

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
You're always welcome!! Let me know before you plan to come over and I'll put the dogs and chickens out so we'lll have more room!! :D
Thank you Scott and Kathy. I'll try to get my canine traveling companions ("the world's my chew toy" & "the world's my bathroom") manners a bit more refined before inflicting them on you and the great state of Oregon. Although, if my MacKenzie Bridge and Portland friends' greyhounds are representative, that would be the local norm...:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Darn. Two more months, and I could have gotten in on this deal!

I'll be calling once I have my Smart!
Package deal on the Area 451 and ScanGauge package? :D

CJ

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Ross from smartUSAInsider wrote:
"My Seattle dealer tells me that the Canadian Area451 cruise will not work in the American Smarts and that it shuts the car down. If this is NOT true, then put me on the list to get one."

Anybody Know the answer to this? Sounds from other threads like it works just fine!! Steven, can you offer any insight into this rumor/fact?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ross from smartUSAInsider wrote:
"My Seattle dealer tells me that the Canadian Area451 cruise will not work in the American Smarts and that it shuts the car down. If this is NOT true, then put me on the list to get one."
Well, could start reading here http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f19/area451-cruise-control-installed-13596/#post133629

And I'd like to know who or what dealer in Seattle said that and why :bangwall:

Is this the most off-the-wall statement regarding this unit yet?

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Timo, I don't think he is a member of this forum but is interested in getting an install at the meet. He posted to my page and the event page over at the other place. I think he just needs some reassurance and we will have 5 again!

I too wonder why scSEA would nay say the Area 451 Cruise Control?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts