Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the following e-mail today:

Hi Jonathan-
Thank you for your inquiry regarding smart. We are pleased to tell you we are the dealer canidate for Arizona - formal dealer announcements from smartUSA will be made in December. Our dealership will open in January and we will be in touch then to invite you down for a test drive. If you have any questions at this time please feel free to contact me.

Tracy Gurnett
Sales Manager
Mercedes-Benz of Chandler
480 421 4548

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey now, let's not be hard on those of us from Baja Arizona!! I have so many meetings in the Phoenix area that its almost like being at home. And from the North side of the Tucson metro area, I think I can probably get to Chandler faster than those from the west side! Since I'm near the end of the line, I won't have to be in a hurry to see the dealership but I want to hear back from you other Zoni's when you get yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We drove down to the dealership in Chandler yesterday and they have got quite a bit of construction done. Everything is Mercedes and then there is a room off to the side that is all Smart!! It is very bright and cheery and exactly what you would expect! They have about three desks and a larger desk for I guess the manager. There are Smart car pics on the wall and a little corner area that looks like they will sell stuff there. (T-shirts, glasses, etc.) Of course they have a cute blue fortwo right in the middle. I can't beleive I got so excited about a car but it was awesome. We had gone down to a local dealer that has the Euro version but I had to see the the USA version. It is Soooo cool. We were not able to drive it but we poked around the whole thing and took lots of pics. I have tried to add some pics to my post but I can't figure out how. Anyway Zonies, go check it out!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to here the car is in and we can at least look at it. I might make the drive from the West Valley after I get back from a ten day trip to Baja AZ.

I did go to www.servicearizona.com and ordered my licence plate today. You have to put it on a registered vehicle so I am putting it on my PT Cruiser and will move it to the smart when I get it. I ordered GTSMART

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't forget about me. I am in NW Tucson. Again closer to Chandler than others on the other side. Would have liked a dealer in Tucson but for now I guess Chandler will do. Reservation 1232 and haven't heard anything yet on confirming order. I hate waiting.....

Teapots

·
Registered
10 Posts
teapots-if you look at the post from the manager in seattle, he explains when the reservation holders should begin being contacted. i spoke with the manager of the chandler location and she too said that reservation holders would begin being contacted as soon as their location is up and running in early January '08.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stopped by Chandler today - WOW - its amazing, everything looks ready to go. the mercedes receptionist said the smart staff was off today but i was welcome to check out the showroom. There's no sign outside yet but there is one inside with an entry from the mercedes showroom. No cars in the showroom but there's phones on the sales desks and the office where the maybe the manager sits was all glass - really sharp. Can't wait to hear from them...the receptionist gave me the manager's card....her name is Tracy, i'm going to call and say hi and see if i can 'make friends' and get some info from her.

now i'm getting excited!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stopped by there on Saturday. It looks like the have the showroom pretty much done. Still have plastic wrap on the furniture. They also have a blue with silver tridon in the showroom. It looks great, the only problem I saw was the tach and the clock are very cheap looking and feel even cheaper. Also the AC knob turns completely around without stopping. It is kinda wierd. I am used to it stopping when it gets to the "face" setting and then again on the other side on the "defrost" setting. They do not have any salespeople there yet, so I could not take it out for a drive. I asked the girl at the front counter when they will have the showroom done and ready. She said Early January. Few more weeks, then maybe I can finally take one for a test drive!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just called and Tracy is out until 12/19...

We are having guests this weekend for Christmas, can't get to Chandler until the following weekend...

Teapots

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep us posted on when the showroom is open and test drives are available. I really want to see one before I confirm so that I can get it right the first time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts