Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes, they are available from a parts source in Italy. You will give up the rear cup holder. What I would not be happy about is that when the armrest is screwed to the console, the console is a bit wobbly.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Yes, they are available from a parts source in Italy. You will give up the rear cup holder. What I would not be happy about is that when the armrest is screwed to the console, the console is a bit wobbly.
Agreed. The armrest itself looks wonderful, feels great, but the install seems tacky. You might want to give it a try if you are desperate for an armrest no matter what, or if you are able to improvise an installation method to prevent the center console trim from wobbling when you put any sort of pressure on it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Aloha everybody! Great topic!
Good news is that I bought the one from Italy and yes, The pictures online were terrible but what can I say, I'm a risk taker. I contacted Claudio Bagni, from Braccioli Italy Armrests who assured me the orange stitching is the exact match to the factories (the black and orange arm rest is what I got) . I took a step of faith and ordered. HANDS DOWN, the best armrest, even better than the Genuine one from Smart USA. Its got storage, looks identical to my black orange interior and installed with one screw (no glue or damaging properties)

Another bonus is the hole in the bottom of the armrest fits the power/lighter outlet. thus concealing it.
I got the adjustable one and unless you have the SMART command center (not available in US) you don't have the "Command knob" to worry about.

Great Topic,
I will try and post pics tonight:

Claudio is the English speaker on staff and can be reached at
Braccioli Italy © <[email protected]>
Claudio Bagni
Braccioli Italy Armrests
Via Gaetano Trezza, 8
37129 Verona (VR)
Partita Iva 02178470353
http://www.braccioli-italy-armrests.com

Hope this Helps:

SMART HAWAII

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Aloha everybody! Great topic!
Good news is that I bought the one from Italy and yes, The pictures online were terrible but what can I say, I'm a risk taker. I contacted Claudio Bagni, from Braccioli Italy Armrests who assured me the orange stitching is the exact match to the factories (the black and orange arm rest is what I got) . I took a step of faith and ordered. HANDS DOWN, the best armrest, even better than the Genuine one from Smart USA. Its got storage, looks identical to my black orange interior and installed with one screw (no glue or damaging properties)

Another bonus is the hole in the bottom of the armrest fits the power/lighter outlet. thus concealing it.
I got the adjustable one and unless you have the SMART command center (not available in US) you don't have the "Command knob" to worry about.

Great Topic,
I will try and post pics tonight:

Claudio is the English speaker on staff and can be reached at
Braccioli Italy © <[email protected]>
Claudio Bagni
Braccioli Italy Armrests
Via Gaetano Trezza, 8
37129 Verona (VR)
Partita Iva 02178470353
http://www.braccioli-italy-armrests.com

Hope this Helps:

SMART HAWAII
Cool! Were you able to install yours without a loose center console?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cool! Were you able to install yours without a loose center console?

Never had an issue with any "Looseness". I even got the adjustable one and extended it outward. you would think there might be some bending, but it has never happened. Improves driving comfort for me. After a 4 hour gig, there is nothing like resting my strumming arm on something as I casually drive home. This armrest is a lifesaver.

another nice detail is the plastic "Housing" comes with a soft "Carpet" bottom, so if you put your sunglasses in the center console they won't "Jingle around" the compartment while you do those 22ft. Donuts.
I seriously wish I could post pictures but its still 5pm here in Hawaii and I get off at 6.... arg the irony.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Arm Rest in 2016

I wonder if it's best not to have an arm rest if I ordered a Manual?
it seems that it may get in the way of a free arm movement.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I wonder if it's best not to have an arm rest if I ordered a Manual?

it seems that it may get in the way of a free arm movement.

I have an armrest in my Abarth with manual transmission, but I keep the armrest flipped up and out of the way 100% of the time. It's a nuisance with a manual transmission unless you're on a road trip.

·
Registered
665 Posts
As Promised: Pictures of the Orange and black armrest. I brushed it up right before I took the pics (that blemish in pic 2 is gone now)
Sorry for the Potato Quality.

Good thing you work at a dealership and that you have a warranty on the car so they can match the colour of those seats! :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts