Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this armrest installed in my "Surfmobile" for about a week now.
It is made by Matt from Genius Parts (Supporting Vendor)
http://www.geniusparts.com

What I can say. The quality and craftsmanship is top notch.
Installation took about 3 minutes. I would recommend to have somebody helping you to hold armrest while you feeding the first bolt thru the hole.
There is NO ANY interference with the seat adjustment or handbrake lever when the armrest is installed.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for the high quality armrest.

Pictures worth a thousand words.

As you can see, texture is not a perfect match, but color is. Armrest material is complementing smart interior. It is matching very close to the seats, doors and dash trim. If you do not looking very up close, there is no way to tell a difference.

Mounting plate is adjustable and the armrest can be installed inch or two higher or lower.

Only tool is required to install the armrest is 13mm wrench.

CUBE

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Last two photos are when the driver seat is ALL THE WAY FORWARD and hand brake FULLY engaged.

CUBE

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks GREAT!!! How strong is it and is there any wobble?
Alway great work, MOD pix's and Info!!
p1nball
It is quite strong. There is slight movement if you put A LOT of weight, but nothing compare to the plastic armrest (one with storage).

CUBE

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to mention that spring loaded ball bearing is keeping armrest in upwards position.

CUBE

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Nice write up Cubefx! Thanks :)

I prefer the MDC one; just MHO :)

It's nice to have a "choice" and to know there are good, quality products out there for our smarts! :D

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Cubefx, Nice I like it. Does it comes in black? My interior is black, and the photos look like Lt. gray.

·
Registered
651 Posts
a little less

"Anyone who buys a Genius product now thru the month of January and sends me some pictures for my gallery will recieve $25 dollars back! I will send it right back to your PayPal account."

from a previous post. hope this helps:)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Great review!

Thanks Cube - nice review and great photos. It's a real nice looking unit and seems easy enough that I could even install it.
I may have to buy one when my '09 arrives. :)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I think it looks great - too bad $260 is still too much for me right now so $285 later may be worse. :( I may be stuck with another $100 armrest, makes me feel like I'm straight out da trailer park. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The one my dealer installs ($500.00!) mounts to the firewall and fills in the entire space between the seats so the passenger can use it also. Is this one wide enough to do that?

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is quite strong. There is slight movement if you put A LOT of weight, but nothing compare to the plastic armrest (one with storage).

CUBE

"nothing compare to the plastic armrest".... just so i understand, the genius is more stable vs the one with the storage. (the one that attaches to the floor)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the black match the smart black leather? That's my only complaint. Price is right!:D

I can't compare it to the leather interior, but it is matching to the steering wheel and shifter leather which I think the same in all the smarts.

CUBE

1 - 20 of 128 Posts