Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many smarts have been delivered yet, but soon we should start getting reports of smart-to-smart sightings around town.

Let's report them here. Which lucky new smart owner will be the first to see a fellow smartian on the road? (Dealer parking lots don't count, okay?)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Round Rock had two black on black orphans I turned down to get my silver / black. Wife saw one of those today and could tell from the temp sticker it was delivered the day after ours. First one other than a test driver and ours that we have seen out in the "wild".

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
There are two in flower mound, a neighbor of Lewisville. One was on the news, the other I see every morning as I do my route.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Bellmawr, NJ....An Italian restaurant "Venutos" has a Cabrio out front. The owner uses it to deliver and obviously advertise out front. Very cool!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I randomly bumped into the only other one in Genesee county (Flint, MI area) when I pulled into a parking lot at a restaurant. We were both very surprised!

·
Registered
871 Posts
A coworker saw a blue one in Champaign Illinois the other day. I think they have to go to Chicago to get thier smarts. I do not recall seeing any Champaign folks on this board.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Today I was driving down a road by my home, Burnt Store Road in Punta Gorda, FL. I was doing about 65MPH on a two lane road and GUESS WHAT coming the other way on the road was another brand new smart, it was even the same color. We're 50miles from the nearest dealer, so I know it was another owner. They were flashing their lights, I was honking my horn, my wife in the passenger seat was jumping up and down. It was a fun encounter, one of many to come I'm sure!

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
This afternoon, the yellow/black/black "Penelope" cabrio arrived from Fl. in my building's parking (DC). Didn't meet the owners yet, but was told by a common neighbor that they were "thrilled by the long distance trip" (via Pa.). Temp. tag says 2/8 registration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was driving to work one day and there was a white and silver one behind me. the neat thing was i was in a 74 beetle. 2 unique cars with a cult following

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Wanted to 'bump' this thread up to the top. There's got to be more recent sightings than listed here!

From my other thread when I didn't know this was lareday started:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3674

Saw another Smart on the Road today!
I was tooling down NW 23rd and another Smart came toward me. We honked, waved and smiled. It was great. :D

I've got a feeling there a handful of Portlanders that are going home tonight telling their families "Those Smart cars are everywhere - I saw 2 at lunchtime!" Ha ha. In 11 days since I took delivery it's the 1st I've seen!

Suze

·
Registered
327 Posts
smart sightings

I guess I should have stayed in California or Florida if I wanted to see another smart. Instead I moved back to Ohio where, to date, I haven't seen another one on the road. Ah, such a lonely life, but, alas, I am a celebrity!:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Although I have not yet received my Smart, I have not seen any on the Roads around Charlotte/NW N.C.. I did see an article in the paper stating one of the first Smarts was deliverd to a young lady in Davidson, NC a week or so ago. Still waiting and looking...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Seen none in Mass/Boston area on road yet but mine. Car version of "I am Legend". Spent this past 4 day weekend in NYC and saw none there or on the way down or back either. Kind of cool feeling like the only one, though I know others lurk out there.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The last time I saw a smart in NYC was back in December; it was a white 450 parked outside my office. When I went back to work, I found my confirmation email waiting for me, so it turned out to be something of a good omen...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts