Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
scVAB

Buried in the Times-Dispatch article is the good news that scVAB has upped their estimated through-put from 10-12 cars per month to 15-20.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It could be another year before a Smart Center opens in the Richmond area.
Richmond automobile dealer Haywood "Huddy" Hyman Jr. said he has been talking to Smart USA about opening a local store.
Hyman, who owns two Saturn dealerships in the Richmond area and a used-car center and a Land Rover franchise in Chesterfield County, owned three Smart dealerships in Paris when the two-seaters came out in 1998. At the time, Hyman was the only American selling the Smart car. He sold his operations there a year later.
A Richmond dealership could be in the plans when Smart USA Distributor LLC, a subsidiary of the Penske Automotive Group Inc., announces its second phase later this year, said Ken Kettenbeil, the Bloomfield Hills, Mich.-based company's spokesman. The stores in the second phase would open in 2009.
Richmond!! in a year. Wished they would come sooner. Not looking forward in having to drive up to NOVA for service.

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I get it, I would rather get mine serviced in Richmond than Alexandria or Tyson's due to traffic congestion. By the time mine gets here, there may be a Richmond dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts