Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
Don't go all Shriner clown car on us and weave around, we got to keep up the smart reputation. It's cool to hear about smart's being in a parade. I don't think no Chevrolet Aveo is going to be seen in parade anytime soon. :p

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in last years Memorial Day parade in Jamesburg New Jersey. The photo under my name is of when I was in the parade; actually at the end. :) I hope the weather is nice tomorrow. I have military and US flags I put on a roof rack. I hope some do not fall over like they did last year.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a roof rack on the top that I duck tape military flags to. Like last year, they fell over. I also had flags on the windows and on the antenna. I glad they stayed in place. It was a lot of fun. I have to come up with a better way to display the flags.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I have a roof rack on the top that I duck tape military flags to. Like last year, they fell over. I also had flags on the windows and on the antenna. I glad they stayed in place. It was a lot of fun. I have to come up with a better way to display the flags.
Think of some sort of mount made out of PVC tubing.......

Too bad you don't have a trailer hitch, the mounting possibilities are endless with that.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good ideas

Think of some sort of mount made out of PVC tubing.......

Too bad you don't have a trailer hitch, the mounting possibilities are endless with that.
I think the PVC tubing is a good idea. I will check into it. Perhaps I could use part of the roof rack to keep it on with. Thanks. :bigthumbup:

I agree that a trailer hitch has endless possibilities. After I read your suggestion, I started to think of some of them. Thanks. :bigthumbup:
:cool:

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I think the PVC tubing is a good idea. I will check into it. Perhaps I could use part of the roof rack to keep it on with. Thanks. :bigthumbup:

I agree that a trailer hitch has endless possibilities. After I read your suggestion, I started to think of some of them. Thanks. :bigthumbup:
:cool:
I forgot you said you had a roof rack. WoW! I could make an AWESOME mount out of PVC with that. A pieces of metal with holes drilled in it and formed to go around your rack, afew bolts and wing nuts, some felt lining to prevent scratching are a few more starting points for you.

The roof rack has even more possibilities as well. With 1/2" PVC tubing you can make some awesome hangers for signs, flags and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even more great ideas

I forgot you said you had a roof rack. WoW! I could make an AWESOME mount out of PVC with that. A pieces of metal with holes drilled in it and formed to go around your rack, afew bolts and wing nuts, some felt lining to prevent scratching are a few more starting points for you.

The roof rack has even more possibilities as well. With 1/2" PVC tubing you can make some awesome hangers for signs, flags and whatnot.
Those are even more great ideas. :bigthumbup: I will work on some of the ideas so they will be ready for next years Memorial Day Parade. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts